• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Unification of two standalone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all & all (sorry for the translation goes from French to English)

First of all I thank you in advance to see your project develop, but for another purpose, the number of FPS WWII see the first fall sharply (yes there was recently Red Orchestra 2, but frankly for the price I bought it I would have preferred a bit more content).

Traction Wars a game that thrives on CryEngine and it is the same for Feastung Europa. Currently on TractionWar, we know that the game will be free, while on Europa Feastung you still thinking.

A common goal you are passionate about the Second World War, but the more you develop by identifying individuals who know how to use the CryEngine. Excluding the more often you are looking for experienced people.

Why do not you collect and do a standalone game that the two teams meet?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour à toutes & tous (désolé pour la traduction qui passe de français vers l'anglais)

Tout d'abord je remercie d'avance de voir votre projet se développer, mais dans un autre but, le nombre de FPS sur la seconde guerre mondiale voir la première à fortement diminuer (oui il y a eu récemment Red orchestra 2, mais franchement pour le prix que je l'ai acheté j'aurais préféré avoir un peu plus de contenu).

Traction wars un jeu qui se développe sur CryEngine et il en est de même pour Feastung Europa. Actuellement sur TractionWar, nous savons que le jeu sera gratuit, tandis que sur Feastung Europa vous y réfléchissais encore.

Dans un but commun vous êtes passioné par la seconde guerre mondiale, mais plus encore vous développer en recherchant des personnes qui sachent utilisés le CryEngine. Hors le plus souvent vous cherchez des personnes expérimentés.

Pourquoi ne pas vous rassemblez et ne faire qu'un jeu standalone qui réunira les deux équipes ?

hight_tower

volcol

From what I understand, FE will be going commercial (as per their FAQ page), it's mentioned heavily and the general vibe from their community is that they would not like it to be F2P.

We are launching TW as a F2P game as we aim to avoid any pre launch difficulties, like licensing issues etc etc. There's difficulties surrounding pricing, employment and publishing. Sadly it takes money to make money (usually a LOT in this industry) and we do not have the means to produce the game as a business venture from the offset. While there are options out there like kickstarter etc etc a large number of these fail.

Creating TW for free is nice and simple for us, we do not have to be overly committed and we can focus and delivering top quality stuff without fear of strict deadlines.

Whilst we and FE share a common theme, we will be sticking to the free to play model that was decided on in 2011. This is the simplest way for us to get TW launched to the standard at which we'll be happy with. We've been developing this for a good while now and we're in a stronger spot now than we've ever been. I'd just say be patient :)

Hope that was of some use!

Gyps

Nice idea but not possible - one being run as a bussiness venture & this ones commited to f2p so common ground would be hard to find

But they could collerate on models etc and maybe help each other that way

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
But they could collerate on models etc and maybe help each other that way

Licensing would come in the way anyway so it would be impossible.

They chose the same theater and period (as we were already working on), and that's it for similarities between us really; FE and TW will go their own separate ways down the road, but I'm sure there's room for both to thrive in.

Maniche

Gyps

Yeap theres planty of room for both

Did wonder about licensing when i posted but you never know if you dont ask

Roughbeak

Man, I try to avoid playing favorites, but I just hope FE doesn't gain more popularity than TW! ;)

Although I am gaining much confidence that TW's name is a bit broader (more theaters involved :D), unlike FE, it sounds like it's all Normandy.

Last edited:

Sir Apple

This topic has always bothered me because I don't think a lot of people understand it.

The reason team merging has always bothered me is because it doesn't work, and never will. If it ever works, its rare as hell. Traction wars has been established for quite awhile now on Ce3. Assuming Festung team had knowledge of this (Not sure if they did) they willing decided to move to CE3, knowing that there is a free game being made covering literally the same War, battles and general era. Also the idea behind both teams merging insinuates that there is some dire need to get a WW2 game out in some hurry. Why? We are making the game we want and will take the time we need, we aren't in some rush.

Traction Wars is what it is because our team has its own sense of inner magic and the dynamic of our team is the best I've been a part of. You can't just join together two teams, who both have totally different development cycles, personalities, experiences etc. Thats how civil wars start! And I can assume Festung's team would say the same thing.

Traction Wars is founded of its own unique ideas and principles, you can't alter that or you loose the magic.

I don't mind poeple asking these questions, as it gives me and other devs a chance to say why it would never work. Unfortunately though, I feel this is not the last time we will be asked this.

I find it interesting from a business standpoint that they too chose commonwealth forces in normandy when they most likely would've known about TW doing the same thing. TW would inevitably eat into their prospective profits.

Anyway, a lot of people are worried that TW will become trampled by FE but I think what is most likely to happen is that pretty much everyone who follows this genre will own, and play, both. Realistic WW2 shooters don't come around very often, we make the most of what we have :D The more the merrier. You can rage quit TW after being raped by an MG42 and go straight into FE and get raped by an MG42 there as well :)

William

I find it interesting from a business standpoint that they too chose commonwealth forces in normandy when they most likely would've known about TW doing the same thing. TW would inevitably eat into their prospective profits.

Anyway, a lot of people are worried that TW will become trampled by FE but I think what is most likely to happen is that pretty much everyone who follows this genre will own, and play, both. Realistic WW2 shooters don't come around very often, we make the most of what we have :D The more the merrier. You can rage quit TW after being raped by an MG42 and go straight into FE and get raped by an MG42 there as well :)
I think Tw will win since is free 2 play why play Pay2play when there is such an amazing f2p to come!

volcol

We will be exploring other theaters in the future for sure, would just like to clarify there is no 'winning' whilst there seems to be some competition there's no black and white winner - we'll likely both experience success and failures with different groups of gamers. Same with everything in this industry really - some people love BF, some people love CoD ... both developers did what they set out to achieve and bring a game to the market that people play.

Quand je parlais de fusion, c'est surtout du point de vue technique et non commerciale.

Vous cherchez certaines personnes ayant des capacités dans tel ou tel domaines, comme celui que vous recherchez pours tout ce qui touches avec les particules, c'est à cela que je pensais dans ma demande
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I spoke of fusion is mostly technical perspective and noncommercial.

Looking for some people with skills in specific areas, such as the one you want pours all that touches with the particles, which is what I thought in my application

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
It's a perfectly fine and valid questions, hight_tower, but I don't see it happening I'm afraid.

FE also got their own reply to your thread on their Forums, and I think it's safe to say the two teams agree upon the fact a fusion (in any form whatsoever) wouldn't happen.

Maniche

Nic727

More differents games we have, more fun we have!!!

Plus qu'on a de jeux différents, plus on a de plaisirs!!!

Gyps

I think Tw will win since is free 2 play why play Pay2play when there is such an amazing f2p to come!

Think that sums it up nicely TW will automatically reach more people by being free and seems to progressing much quicker than FE which means it most likely to be the first out on release so giving it the best grab at players

Footnote both of these will impact on RO/RS numbers too

Status
Not open for further replies.