• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Update #1: The Road to Berlin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
News Update #1
The Road to Berlin...

As many of you are aware Traction Wars was founded as Mortal Engines Modification to depict the struggle between the Tractionist Alliance and the Green Storm. During our time developing the mod we've found we've been increasingly relying on WWII for inspiration and reference. This combined with the potential problems associated with trying to use an excising copyright the team has decided to move to producing a WWII modification. This was a difficult decision for us and we hope that the community will understand why the decision had to be made. We will be keeping our name and many of the original plans as possible that we and the community had for the "Mortal Engines Version" of the mod.

We will be following the story of the British advance through the axis territories and the determined defence of the Wehrmacht after the Normandy Landings. It will be a fun, teamwork based multiplayer environment where each team has to work as a single unit to win the round. We will not be featuring the Americans in the first release. There is no singleplayer campaign currently planned and due to this and other factors we would like to announce our movement from Crysis to Crysis Wars.

Last month saw the arrival of SolidSnake on the team. He is already working on the first two maps for the new WWII experience. However with this new direction we are looking to expand our team with new members. So if you are a Modeller, Texture Artist, Coder, Scripter, Sound Artist, an expert on WWII or just good at painting in a program such as Photoshop and you think your skills could benefit the mod then please fill in a recruitment form here. No modding experience is required although it does help!

This month has seen a lot of talking and many changes but we hope to return to our usual monthly updates next month with usual renders and sneak peeks at what is to come.

UnkSoldieR

Re: October 2008

A surprising, but by no means bad decision. I actually thought with the first look at Traction Wars that it was a WWII-mod ; )

Halfdark

Is this real-world WW2, or slightly parallel, so that you can do some of the cool stuff you wanted to do from traction wars?

Nemesis-Xero

This is kind of why I became interested. Honestly, I am rather ignorant when it comes to the previous source material. It looks interesting, though. Thankfully, I'm a little more knowledgeable about WW2. Perhaps not so much on the British side of things. But seeing what the CryEngine2 can do and thinking about how much better this mod can (and will!) be than all the other WW2 games/mods out there because of it. I'm pretty excited to simply have discovered its existence. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.