• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Vehicles and collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esu21

I know this game will have vehicles, if not in the 1st chapter on the next ones,but... will TW have any types of collision models? Like,if you crash your jeep or kubelwagen into a tree or a wall, that the jeep looses a wheel or gets deformed,and that it affect gameplay (if you loose a wheel,you can drive but with problems with maneuvers and you can crash easily,without 2 you cant drive and you need repair the car putting new wheels,etc)

Also, will vehicles be in Chapter 1 xD?

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
I know this game will have vehicles, if not in the 1st chapter on the next ones,but... will TW have any types of collision models? Like,if you crash your jeep or kubelwagen into a tree or a wall, that the jeep looses a wheel or gets deformed,and that it affect gameplay (if you loose a wheel,you can drive but with problems with maneuvers and you can crash easily,without 2 you cant drive and you need repair the car putting new wheels,etc)

Also, will vehicles be in Chapter 1 xD?

They probably don't have the manpower to make a fully realistic vehicle simulation (this takes a lot of coding!). But there was some talk about modular damage instead of hitpoint models so it's possible it will feature to some degree.

And as far as we know the word is no vehicles for Chapter 1.

FlyingR

And as far as we know the word is no vehicles for Chapter 1.

If you would all be paying attention to what I have been saying multiple times you would've known that General Naga said on the newest update of the new map this part:

""A" Company were continuously attacked throughout the day by a variety of German forces, including armoured vehicles. "

Since no extra detail is given, one could assume that this map could have some vehicles indeed. Apparently there were motorcycles and an SdKfz 250 and at least 1 Panzer IV. Therefore, in order to keep this realistic, I say that they are now obliged to add vehicles! :D

Esu21

If you would all be paying attention to what I have been saying multiple times you would've known that General Naga said on the newest update of the new map this part:

""A" Company were continuously attacked throughout the day by a variety of German forces, including armoured vehicles. "

Since no extra detail is given, one could assume that this map could have some vehicles indeed. Apparently there were motorcycles and an SdKfz 250 and at least 1 Panzer IV. Therefore, in order to keep this realistic, I say that they are now obliged to add vehicles! :D

Would love to,but I think that if they add them they will be just decoration :confused: Remember that we're sure that tanks wont be added on Chapter 1

Sydd

Vehicles? in the first part? I doubt it, they couldn't implement a usable 88. I doubt they will have the time to model and code vehicles.

Aniallator

I'd guess that the 88 won't be implemented in Chapter One because tanks won't be. The 88 was used as an AT, not an AP, weapon and thus it's being delayed for gameplay reasons. Just a theory. And yes, tanks won't be in Chapter One, but what about, say, the QLD and the Opel Blitz? I'm just not sure it's a sound idea to release TW with zero vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.