• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

Hello community!

I wanna suggest you put the Gewehr 43 for the german troops in the game. Is probably that this weapon give some superiority to the germans riflemen, but is an interesting gun i want to use it xD. Not necessary with scope to the snipers too, but well..
Another weapon that i wanna see is the Panzerschreck. I know that it have more firing range, but less destructive power than the Panzerfaust.
The last thing, do you will put static weapons, like a heavy machine guns? Maybe the Vicker and the MG-42/34 with Laftte 42 tripod.

Frank

VonMudra

The Panzerfaust 30 has already been shown in update, the later, longer ranged variants did not come out until later (the 60 in Sept 44, the 100 in November 44). The Panzerschreck will of course be ingame too. Also, the schreck was only slightly weaker than the faust (180-200mm versus 200-220mm), and both were fully capable of penetrating the heaviest allied armour from the front and killing said tank. So the minor power difference is inconsequential, a frontal hit kills an allied tank either way.

The Gew43 will be ingame, but was not exactly common, especially for the German units which will be represented in the first release. Though I wouldn't worry too much about German rifle firepower. The German rifleman's rifle is purely a self defense weapon, the German squad's tactics are centered fully on the MG.

Heavy machine guns will of course be ingame, both as statics and as deployable (and re-pick-up-able...yes I made that up just now) tripods.

Last edited:

Ts4EVER

Judging from divisional status reports, the G41(w) was actually still more common in Normandy than the G43.

drummer93

Deployable tripods? really? Iron Front have deployable tripods too. I'm happy to read that. That type of things give to the player more options and make the game much more tactical :)

Status
Not open for further replies.