• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Website Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid_Squid

Vanguard Backer
Forum registration via steam - anti-bot character input is broken.

I registered my account through steam. It then asked me to input character from 2 words, which I did. After entering these and pressing submit, the validation was incorrect - the forum said I had not input the correct characters of words - but these words were different to the ones that were presented on the registration screen. It said 1st character from the word Tree, and 4th character for the word Elephant - on the registration screen, it had asked for 1st letter from 2 other words.

Expected behaviour:

Words on the first registration screen to be validated against the criteria stated, and to be persistent between registration and post validation screen.

Current behaviour: words on first registration screen are not validated correctly against rules, and are not passed through to validation on the error highlight screen.

Hope this helps!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games

I registered my account through steam. It then asked me to input character from 2 words, which I did. After entering these and pressing submit, the validation was incorrect - the forum said I had not input the correct characters of words - but these words were different to the ones that were presented on the registration screen. It said 1st character from the word Tree, and 4th character for the word Elephant - on the registration screen, it had asked for 1st letter from 2 other words.

Expected behaviour:

Words on the first registration screen to be validated against the criteria stated, and to be persistent between registration and post validation screen.

Current behaviour: words on first registration screen are not validated correctly against rules, and are not passed through to validation on the error highlight screen.

Hope this helps!

We wouldn't have spotted this without your help so a Thank You! The issue has been resolved and Steam Registrations are working again.

Flare

Vanguard Backer

Expected behaviour:

Hope this helps!

Now that is how to properly report a problem.

Welcome to the community! Discord link here: Discord

FlyingR

tractionwars.com/recruitment/ is down

There's a "Page not found" error.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Not sure if this is a glitch or intended as a sort of re-evaluation, but I recently edited a post to fix a URL issue, and it has now vanished.[/url]

Its an issue with the forum software I believe. New users have to make X amount of posts before automatic approval of new threads, which I approved that thread yesterday. There is a bug which has been triggered after you edited it that I cannot approve it again. Naga will look into it shortly.

retfarcimak

Its an issue with the forum software I believe. New users have to make X amount of posts before automatic approval of new threads, which I approved that thread yesterday. There is a bug which has been triggered after you edited it that I cannot approve it again. Naga will look into it shortly.

Ah, alright, thank you. ^^ Since then, I've replaced that post, but it would be nice to have that old one back if he can figure out how to fix it, I think it has more content then the current post.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Ah, alright, thank you. ^^ Since then, I've replaced that post, but it would be nice to have that old one back if he can figure out how to fix it, I think it has more content then the current post.

Fixed. I think the spam filter got confused as the original post passed the spam test but as you put a URL in the second on it trigger.. so it got stuck between the moderation queue and being visible on the forum.

retfarcimak

Fixed. I think the spam filter got confused as the original post passed the spam test but as you put a URL in the second on it trigger.. so it got stuck between the moderation queue and being visible on the forum.

Ah, alright, thanks. It might also because it had a [] within the URL, would that have been a contributing factor or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.