• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

What happens when the game is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Lots of people don't know how to get cryengine3 mods/games, how will we be able to download the game when its released?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
We are looking at various different distribution networks as well as making the download available on our website. Being standalone you will only need to the download Traction Wars installer to play. You won't need to have previously purchased any other games such as Crysis or downloaded any SDK software. One download, one install and you're good to go. ;)

Troy

We are looking at various different distribution networks as well as making the download available on our website. Being standalone you will only need to the download Traction Wars installer to play. You won't need to have previously purchased any other games such as Crysis or downloaded any SDK software. One download, one install and you're good to go. ;)

Ah, thank god :p

[JR]Hussar

How are you affording to put this much effort in and still offer the game for free? Are you being backed by a company? I'm going to feel like I've stolen it when it's released. It looks absolutely amazing and I'm glad to have come back from the farm and found more releases in the news section. Love the fact that you've written a little educational piece about the different classes rather than just leave it as pictures.

10/10, Naga, looking fantastic!

volcol

How are you affording to put this much effort in and still offer the game for free? Are you being backed by a company? I'm going to feel like I've stolen it when it's released. It looks absolutely amazing and I'm glad to have come back from the farm and found more releases in the news section. Love the fact that you've written a little educational piece about the different classes rather than just leave it as pictures.

10/10, Naga, looking fantastic!

We're gamers, we love games... but above all we love making them. For a lot of payment might come in the form of sense of achievement - for others portfolio work. We are from the word go, gamers, ad we are making a game for gamers - we are dedicated and passionate but above all of this - we want to make something we'll enjoy ... and if we can't do that we've failed you!

Roughbeak

IIRC i do not think these devs spend money to make this.. :p

-CryENGINE3 Sandbox is free (at least that what i think this is what the devs use, if not let me know!) :D
-3ds Max is free (the student version one)

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Perhaps Naga is getting bankrupted, but he's a stubborn Brit and he's happy to do so, haha!

In all seriousness; it will be free indeed, and yes, there are some expenses here and there but we manage!

Maniche

volcol

So long as we make no money at all - we can launch the game with student or trial software. It's 100% - the licence we hold in agreement specifies as much!

We are absolutely doing this on our own back with no profit.

Sir Apple

Yes we use the SDK, there is only one version and that version is free :)

I think there is a huge misconception that making a game costs money - it doesn't, indie and high quality mods has proven this. All it takes is knowledge, skill, and a little bit of patience ;)

stonecomet

I'm unfamiliar with SDK...CryEngine etc. What I'm curious about is how will the servers be maintained and paid for? Or does CryEngine SDK use some kind of shared networking to run the game without a main server? I'm really glad you are all doing this for the sake of gaming, I'm just curious how it will be pulled off.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm unfamiliar with SDK...CryEngine etc. What I'm curious about is how will the servers be maintained and paid for? Or does CryEngine SDK use some kind of shared networking to run the game without a main server? I'm really glad you are all doing this for the sake of gaming, I'm just curious how it will be pulled off.

The game runs on individual servers rather than a single centrally hosted server.

We will be running officially servers but we will also be releasing a dedicated server kit for regiments and members to host their own private games.

Hope that answers your question [emoji4]

FlyingR

The game runs on individual servers rather than a single centrally hosted server. We will be running officially servers but we will also be releasing a dedicated server kit for regiments and members to host their own private games. Hope that answers your question [emoji4]
Official servers will be run in England only or in different countries as well (US, Australia, etc.)?

Volcol some of us who end up playing games for free and notice that the game is of good quality end up feeling bad if we cant either donate as gift via PP, or maybe buy in game items like camos, or camo patches or badges. You have to give us option to support you, and seems that PP gift or ingame items will not bring the engine licencing blood suckers breathing down ur neck and asking for cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.