• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Wire Cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTurk_007

We've got the barbed wires announced. How about infantry being able to cut these with a wire cutter? It could basically be issued to the engineer.

Is it possible in this engine? What are your toughts?

Greets

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
It's certainly possible with the engine, TheTurk!

I'd love to see something like that, and a well-placed and timed "hole" in the barrier could turn the battle in your favour.

Maniche

TheTurk_007

Yeah, that would allow some awesome flanking action. Also I remember seeing wire-cutters attached on Enfields. That might be neat to have

TheTurk_007

Cool. Im glad some people appreciate my idea. If this would be the FH-forum people would all be over me saying "blargh everything you do sucks herp derp"

Thanks guys, you are definately less hostile against me.

Last edited:
TheTurk, That is some awesome idea!
I totally see myself setting my Bren exactly where the Jerries planned their escape :)

Also, you must not tolerate Arseholes here, we're a bunch of lovely teddy bears -With killing tendencies-

-Squirrel

VonMudra

Cool. Im glad some people appreciate my idea. If this would be the FH-forum people would all be over me saying "blargh everything you do sucks herp derp"

Thanks guys, you are deginately less hostile against me.

You seem to forget who I am on the FH forums ;) xD

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games

Thanks guys, you are definately less hostile against me.

From my point of view at least suggestions can only make the game better ;)

Wire cutters would add a really nice dynamic to the game - no longer could you predict exactly where the enemy might break through and you certainly couldn't setup MGs and zero mortars onto the breaches in advance :)

The problem with FH is that it's using a very outdated engine (so a great deal of things can't be implemented) and has a specific gameplay (so an idea like this probably would'nt be feasible, or worth the effort coding - not saying you suggested this for FH, just saying) and a rather small team (who have other things to focus on). And pretty much everything under the sun has already been suggested for that mod, so a lot of the community is sick of the suggestions.

But I agree that you people are a lot friendlier here :)

TheTurk_007

The wire-cutter can be implemented in FH2, since they have the destroyable barbed wire.

Anyways, this is not the FH forum (I'll probably bring this topic up one day there)

So, do the TW developers consider working on suggestions? :3 There are probably priorities, but still, this could be an excellent element for the gameplay.

VonMudra

We want lots of suggestions and lots of debate. We are still just beginning to figure out how the game will be played, so things like this are great ideas. The more options we have for when, in the future, the maps are done, the weapons and models are finished, and betatesting starts, then the more gameplay we can explore to help find what works and what doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.