• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

World Cup: England vs USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I know there's a fair few English and Americans on the forums so whos going to be watching the match :)

Anyone care to predict the outcome?

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
England. I think.

But again, I also cheered for Mexico and Greece, that didn't work out that well.

Well as long as they lose from the Dutch I'm ok with it. Not that we will make it to the finals but alas.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
I think England are able to pull this one off, if their midfield (Lampard & Gerrard anyone?) can work together. Also, if their keeper doesn't fool himself out (Robert Green perhaps?).

2-1.

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm not really a football fan so this is a complete guess but I'm guessing 2-1 to England with it going to penalties. I think England should win though if we play as we should.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
1-0, 3min - Gerrard for England.
England have started the game the best at least; massive pressure on the US defence after outrunning their midfield.

Maniche

Last edited:

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Huge chance for USA!
Just passed the back-post, a foot too wide for Donovan!

Maniche

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
A very fun game actually, both teams plays very good; passes the ball with great pace and good control!

Maniche

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Good chance for Heskey now!
A foot further out and Heskey could slide that one in.

The US keeper is in pain at least; no wonder with a huge guy like Emile Heskey going feet-in against you!

Maniche

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Substitute; England.
James Milner - Out
S.W Phillips - In
30 min mark.

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The US keeper is in pain at least; no wonder with a huge guy like Emile Heskey going feet-in against you!

I can't believe that one - I left my PC for literally 20 seconds to refill my glass and I come back to see the US keeper rolling around on the ground! Absolutely typical!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Well I've got an eye on the game on one monitor and the other eye on 3ds :p

Yellow Card - Cherundolo (USA)

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Good chance for Donovan once more!
A shot from around 18-25 m goes outside the back-post, good strike that one.

Maniche

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Goal USA!
1-1, 40 min mark, Dempsy - USA.

Terrible, terrible work by Robert Green; like I said in my first reply "if the gollie don't fool around" and that's exactly what happened.

Maniche

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
I've always thought that England got some big problems in the back-line; I'd say they should have used Joe Hart instead - a very young keeper that have been great for Birmingham this season! Perhaps not as experienced like Robert Green, but a good 2nd chose in my eyes.

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.