• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

World military marches

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummer93

It occurred to me create a thread about military marches, where you can post marches of your country. I love military marches and I think that is a good idea that all here can share them.

Here is a famous one of my country Argentina. Enjoy it :)

[video=youtube;_Yuwu7XdVwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yuwu7XdVwQ[/video]

drummer93

[MENTION=2473]Esu21[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2267]B.Kavanagh[/MENTION] WOW excellent marches, I love them!!!. It apreciate very well the musical style of each nation. Come on community, share your countries marches :)

The march of the Chasseurs Ardennais. Their nickname is "the boars", after their regimental insignia. Their motto: Resist and Bite.

Esu21

D'you know, I haven't got the foggiest xD.

The story of the Chasseurs Ardennais, whose emblem is the wild boar. A small Belgian unit of soldiers who were supposed to defend the borders and hold their ground along the K-W Line in May 1940. When the German armies, which included Rommel’s Ghost Division, approached the unit, they were supposed to retreat but due to communication failure the order never reached them. Instead they honoured their original orders, which were to defend the border at all cost. They fought so bravely and on such a large front, that they tricked the axis into believing that they were facing a force much larger than 40 rifles strong. When finally they were captured and their captors asked them -”where are the others?” they simply laughed and answered. -”There are no others, we are all!”.

The song gets its title from their motto Resiste Et Mords, in English, Resist and Bite."

From Resist & Bite - Lyrics - Sabaton Hereoes 2014

VonMudra

To provide a bit more detail- the rest of the Chasseurs Ardennais had retreated from the border following their orders. It was only a 40 man company that was left due to communications failures. They defended their positions for a full 18 days against numerous German probes and assaults, maintaining a Belgian foothold on the border through to the final Belgian surrender.

drummer93

Good ones [MENTION=1183]th_battleaxe[/MENTION], [MENTION=2186]mmiedzianyy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION]!!! Excellent pieces :)

Status
Not open for further replies.