• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

WWIIOnline Weekend Madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Hey folks!
Next weekend I want to try a different game instead of PR. Battleground Europe WWII Online!
I stopped playing this game long ago, and until yesterday I still thought that you had to pay $15/month. Then, a heavenly being appeared. An angel, by the name of drummer93, gazed upon me, and spoke the following Biblical words: FlyingR, WWIIO is free.
At that moment, I've realized that my life would be complete. I've downloaded the game and thought: This must be a WEEKEND MADNESS event!!! (Hence my post here!)

The thing is that the game is free but has its limits (weapons and vehicles to use), but who cares! We can charge with Lees or K98s! Just like PR, we will do a squad of TW players and rage upon the enemies! Everybody is welcomed to join both Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of August!!

Register and download link: http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/i...t/article/64-about-wwiiol1/6916-signupstaging

Manual/Guide: Quick Start Guide - WWIIOL Wiki

Time:
Warsaw - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 8:00:00 PM CEST UTC+2 hours
London - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 7:00:00 PM BST UTC+1 hour
Beijing - Sunday, August 2nd, 2015 at 2:00:00 AM CST UTC+8 hours
Amsterdam - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 8:00:00 PM CEST UTC+2 hours
Buenos Aires - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 3:00:00 PM ART UTC-3 hours
Los Angeles - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 11:00:00 AM PDT UTC-7 hours
New York - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 2:00:00 PM EDT UTC-4 hours
Dubai - Saturday, August 1st, 2015 at 10:00:00 PM GST UTC+4 hours

TS Server: 209.15.226.35:10127
Channel: Canales de Clanes > Lobby Clanes

If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me or add me on Steam: FlyingR1 (or just look for me in the TW community)!
@volcol, I will be expecting your presence :D

Aniallator

Ah, sorry... don't have WW2O :( Let me know how it turns out!

It was awesome to have @hannibaldinski yesterday, hopefully some more devs make an appearance in WW2O Midweek Madness!

And [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION], any idea how large the download is for WW2O?

Last edited:

FlyingR

Yeah! Hanni! It was awesome having you! Gotta buy a new rope man! :D

[h=4]Recommended System Requirements[/h]
  • Operating Systems
    • Windows OS: Windows XP/Vista /Windows 7/8
    • Macintosh OS: OSX 10.6/OSX 10.5
  • Processor: 3 GHz Dual Core or 2.66 GHz Quad Core
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 4 GB Free
  • Sound: On-board or Better
  • Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 250 or Radeon HD 4850 or Better Please install the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer!
    • Integrated graphics hardware is not supported
  • Broadband Internet Connection
[h=4]Minimum System Requirements[/h]Note: "Minimum" does NOT mean you will get good performance. But the game should load...

• Operating Systems
    • Windows OS: Windows XP/Vista /Windows 7/8
    • Macintosh OS: OSX 10.6/OSX 10.5
  • Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2 GHz) or Better with SSE 2.0 Support
  • Memory: 2GB
  • Hard Drive: 3GB Free
  • Sound: on-board or better
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Please install the latest drivers from your graphics card manufacturer!
    • Integrated graphics hardware is not supported
  • Broadband Internet Connection

Sydd

Tch, yet again here I am complaining about downloading everything at 2.5mb/s. But in my defense, I know people who download stuff at nearly 8mb/s.

my apologies for being a no show last night, too damn tired not to mention exams..

DerJoachim

I am also a very old player of WW2online (played when it wasnt called Battleground Europe) but the game became obsolete and devs unwilling to listen, plus forward spawn and other things i didnt liked, i had to quit for good.

How many players are still ambushing eachothers in the french bocages?? ;D i might aswell give it a try again, but if the player count is too low, this will be a waste of time, you know you need ppl to defend the radios and expecially to see a single enemy every 2-3 hours , that is not for my taste really.

FlyingR

Guys, the main purpose of this is to meet each other and have fun! Anyways, I met one of the guys in the Axis High Command (very nice, helpful and cool dude) and apparently he knows about Traction Wars! My idea was to know how many would join this weekend so we could set up with him some sort of event (like a battle).

So far we are 4-5, hopefully more guys will join us! I suppose this will definitely be the closest thing to TW, so let's make this like an undefined amount of time hype train for when TW really comes out hahaha!

If some want to practice during the week, just let me know and we could set up something!

volcol

I'll try find time :D will be nice playing again. I wonder if I still have my super special capital letters :D

FlyingR

I'll try find time :D will be nice playing again. I wonder if I still have my super special capital letters :D

YES! I knew you would come around! Knew you couldn't resist to this! Hahahaha! :D I just talked with KMS CRS (he knows you) and axeinc!

If you come play, please be squad leader! :D

s!

FlyingR

Hey guys we have our own Teamspeak Channel in WWIIO!

TS Address: ts.wwiionline.com:9977
Channel: Traction Wars

We will meet there every time on the weekends!

There might be a message error when you get there saying that you need granted powers to speak, let me know and I can help you sort it out! :)

volcol

I might have a chat with the lead producer, see if we can get some large scale battles set up so those joining us can experience the game at its best. Watch this space.

FlyingR

I might have a chat with the lead producer, see if we can get some large scale battles set up so those joining us can experience the game at its best. Watch this space.

Cheers mate! That would be awesome! Thanks! :D

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION] come on man! You can do it! It doesn't take long to download!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.