• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Your ideal game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

To continue on the "best game" theme, if you could make any game in an instant, what would the game be like? For me, something along the lines of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, but in an 18th century Caribbean setting. Basically KG:D meets Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Oh, yeah... and you can't say TW!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Oh, yeah... and you can't say TW!

Well I won't then... but you wouldn't be surprised to know mine would be the one in my signature funnily enough!

That aside I would say something probably in space along the lines of Eve Online but in first person. I can imagine boarding ships to loot their cargo.. or controlling a capital ship as a group of friends in the centre of a massive battle with fighters zipping around you... now that would be fun :)

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION]: I was thinking of something very similar, but rather set in the Southern Netherlands during the French invasion in 1792-93.

And about not mentioning TW; well, it's getting closer, you know. Only one year until the prospected release. Can't say I'm completely indifferent towards it.

FlyingR

Traction Wars

BUT

Like WWIIO. One hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ass map (350,000 km2 or 135,136 sq mi) with planes, tanks, ships, etc. etc. Oh man, that would be beautiful. I imagine thousands of soldiers fighting for a city while air support bombs enemy positions... I would give all the cookies in the world for that. All of them.

If not, Kingdome Come: Deliverance meets Age of Empires :D

@Aniallator, that would be awesome! KC: D is already very cool as it is!
@General Naga I personally don't like futuristic/space games that much. I think there are a few games coming out that are what you are describing though: Space Engineers or Star Citizen?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
@General Naga I personally don't like futuristic/space games that much. I think there are a few games coming out that are what you are describing though: Space Engineers or Star Citizen?

I like the theory of them but so far I haven't played one which has really got it right. I think basically I want to play a really good Firefly game. Fly about with friends and try to survive against the elements and other players.

FlyingR

I like the theory of them but so far I haven't played one which has really got it right. I think basically I want to play a really good Firefly game. Fly about with friends and try to survive against the elements and other players.

I saw a few of Bluedrake42's videos of him playing Space Engineers, and he plays games with friends while exploring planets, fighting against other ships, being space pirates and stuff. :D

Now with these two games out (SC and SE) I'm sure more will follow and make a really cool space game and with better graphics.

Aniallator

I really like the idea of a space game, I've just never played one, so I can't really say.

@th_battleaxe my god, yes! War of the First Coalition would be cool, though I'm a sucker for the War of the Third Coalition. 1805, baby! Imagine playing as a voltigeur, picking off Austrians in the forests around Ulm...

Esu21

I'm sure more will follow and make a really cool space game and with better graphics.

Well,awesome games of Space Engineers/Star Citizen's size need something more than nice mechanics... they can't be glitchy at all. Imagine beeing boarding a capital ship and suddenly your in the middle of space because you felt through the floor... I think bugs in nowadays' games are the worst and more difficult thing to deal with,so I hope they dont destroy such a project like SC is. (Talking about bugs, have you devs already found some crazy ones in TW's development ;)?)

My favourite game would be a human history simulator,so basicly a Civ game with open world,massive multiplayer and serious gameplay... this means wars between clans,then empires,then countries beeing tactical and slow-paced,building construction beeing difficult if you dont have a community helping you, player-driven economy,etc

@th_battleaxe my god, yes! War of the First Coalition would be cool, though I'm a sucker for the War of the Third Coalition. 1805, baby! Imagine playing as a voltigeur, picking off Austrians in the forests around Ulm...

You know what? Sod it, let's just do one from the First Coalition, all the way to Waterloo, in chapters.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
(Talking about bugs, have you devs already found some crazy ones in TW's development ;)?)

Far too many to recount :p My favourite recent one was the barbed wire which rather than slowing down players would shoot them across the map like a rail gun.. wheeeee!

FlyingR

Can't we see those kind of videos now? Or any kind of videos? Even 00:01 second video of whatever? Ok, I'll conform with a picture.

Aniallator

Oh, I want to see this footage so bad! Really any gameplay video... and hey, nice to hear that barbed wire will slow down the player. Will players take damage in barbed wire, like Verdun? Realistically speaking, I suppose it makes sense that you don't take damage and it just slows you down; how many people have died as a direct result of barbed wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.