• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Ammunition suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siben

I have a question/proposal regarding the looks of the ammunition that will be used in the animations in this game. When you buy modern day ammunition they are almost always made out of brass externally. However that was not always the case during the war. In the picture below you can see a few bullets out of my collection to give you an idea of what i mean.

All this came out of a lot a i found not that long ago in the ardennes.

Left to right, 1943 made .45; 1941 made .303; 1944 made .303; 1940 made 7.92x57; 1944 made 7.92x57; 1944 made 7.92x57, 1938 made 7.92x57 (FN Belgium)

Another example is the 9mm luger, i have british and german made versions and they have a differently shaped projectile in them.

I think it would be nice to see bullets like this being loaded into the rifles, Mg's, smg's and pistols. A small thing i know but not that much work i think.

Duke

Nice! My brother also has a collection of WW1 - WW2 bullets and only 2-4 of them have brass colored casings and like on of them has metal jacket.

siben

Nice! My brother also has a collection of WW1 - WW2 bullets and only 2-4 of them have brass colored casings and like on of them has metal jacket.

Cool, show some pictures please. I will share some of my pictures of WW2 amunition somewhere next month.

Duke

Cool, show some pictures please. I will share some of my pictures of WW2 amunition somewhere next month.

Sure thing I will have to wait until my bro gets home from the hospital, only he has a capable camera at the moment. I will upload some pics in the next 2-3 days. Most of my bullets are unidentified tho, because most of them were found by my grandfather and his son (my uncle) my little brother just "inherited" them and he only added 2-3 rounds. :D

Duke

First of all, sorry for the multiple posts it was the msot simple way for me.

Some of these may be civil, hunting ammo and some of them are military. From what I read you plan to use scavenged equipment, so... here you go. :D

Rifle ammo:

Duke

Well i can see your bullets Swaffy, but that did not explain anything. What I think is that those are some high stopping power rounds that did not penetrate humans.

VonMudra

They're not. They're just normal bullets. Some bullet types have the casing going all the way up around the bullet. That entire brass casing does not shoot out the gun.

siben

to be honest, most seem they are for hunting. not many ww2 things.
Those .45 are more like 9x19, and those 9mm are probably 7.62x25 tokarev

Duke

Yeah these were all found around where I live (Slovakia, Hungary border at the Danube.)

They're just normal bullets.

They don't seem normal because of the flat tip. I think those have much smaller penetration at all ranges. They can give off more energy while inside the body. Hunting rounds probably or home made.

Yeeeaah siben you are right. I realised that after I found a brand new 9mm and it was the same as my ".45" then I looked up what could my "9mm" be it looks like 7.62x25.

siben

I wanted to say it are 7.62 nagant revolver cartridges because on the integrated bullet and flat tip, but the shape of the casing kind of put me off. I also don't know the dimensions.

Duke

I would have measured them all by myself. But I just had a surgery on my right leg and it is kinda hard to move. :D

siben

Here is an example of the 9x19mm bullet. Left is British, Right is German. Both 1943 production. The German one seems to be completely magnetic. Note the different projectile and casing rim shape. I have the feeling the British bullet is also more heavy. I will weigh it in 2 weeks at work when i have nightshift.

2014-10-10 19.45.59.jpg2014-10-10 19.47.57.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.