• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Another H&G refugee reporting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid-Lifer

Greetings from Dennmark

I'm joining the ranks here in hope of a WWII game that will keep me happy. I'm still playing H&G until this goes online. Not because H&G is a great game, it could be, but the lack of bug fixing and strange DEV decisions is grinding it to a messy pulp of frustration.

Anyways, cant wait to play a WWII game that provides gameplay for serious gamers instead of the many arcadey WWII shooters coming up at the moment.

All the best to the team, may the gods of coding speed your way to Beta!!

Aniallator

Well welcome to Traction Wars mate :D Hope you enjoy your stay!

And by the way, give Forgotten Hope 2 and Project Reality: World War 2 a shot if you're looking for an alternative to the dreaded H&G!

Welcome to the club!!

shill ....you just woke up my devils brigade "nightmare" days with H&G thank god i don't play that thing anymore the prone spazzing alone is enough to make you want to commit sepukku

H&G: a view of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
The Good
Scenery. Excellent representation of flora and natural objects such as rocks.
Field of View. True to life, with an adjustment for personal preference.
Moving: prone. Excellent representation of prone moving and scoping. Also while in the prone position, the game interprets correctly how you would look around.
Moving: kneel. Excellent and intuitive for how you might kneel to take a shot with better accuracy.
Moving: run. You run every where and only run out of breath when sprinting.
Weapon size. The game lifts the weapon in your hands if you are too close to an object in front of you, so you need to move back a short distance to shoot.
Location specific damage, so a single head shot is enough.
The Bad
1. The presentation of experience gains and inventory is clear and easy to follow but there seems to be no link to what you are offered at the start of the game, and no indication of how the gains are to be put into your character. 2. Respawn facing the wrong way.
The Ugly Failure - Reaction To Hits
We know a combat simulation that is too realistic can mean being removed from the game with one shot causing a wound, and that’s not a game. We also know that being able to take more than one shot without dying is not realistic but makes a better and more enjoyable game. However, H&Gs has a totally unacceptable 'reaction' model. I shot a target twice in the chest, he ignored the damage and held his weapon in the aim, and killed me with one shot. And this happens every time when I hit a target in the body! When a target is hit he should not ignore it! (6) It’s rubbish.
After installing the game I played about 20 short combats and that is enough. I cannot play a game that allows hits to be ignored. It’s nonsense and goes against everything that the game tries to achieve. Traction Wars – please get this right.

Last edited:

GMOT

Re: Another H&G refugee reporting in.

Yet many people are playing. I'll have enough of 600+ hours, but very tired imbalance and many bugs. Really I am looking forward to this game! Sorry for bad english, I use Google translator.

- - - Updated - - -

The question arose: Will the Soviet nation in the following parts of the game? Sorry for bad english, I use Google translator.

Aniallator

Re: Another H&G refugee reporting in.

Yet many people are playing. I'll have enough of 600+ hours, but very tired imbalance and many bugs. Really I am looking forward to this game! Sorry for bad english, I use Google translator.

- - - Updated - - -

The question arose: Will the Soviet nation in the following parts of the game? Sorry for bad english, I use Google translator.

Given that the first iteration of the game will feature British and German factions in Normandy, I imagine that later theaters will try to incorporate those factions for the sake of resources; so the Italian campaign, Operation Market Garden, etc. However, down the development road - especially if TW sees popularity and new developers and resources after release - anything is possible ;) I personally would love to see the Eastern Front, RO2 is getting a bit old and isn't historically accurate enough for me xD

Swaffy

I played H&G for a little while but soon realized (due to other people's warnings) that the grinding is harsh when trying to rank up or get new weapons. So I have stuck with my favorite game War Thunder, sitting at just over 3200 hours over Steam and 700 hours when it was standalone (so 3900 hrs total in WT). I really want to get into Traction Wars (TW) sometime before I die because I trust it would be another great WWII themed game to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.