• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Any other WW II games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm a huge fan when it comes to WW II themed multiplayer games. My question is whether you know any other WW II games (not H&G please, the game sucks ass to me) which is populated, especially in the EU region.

mmiedzianyy

Red orchestra Ost Front 1944
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm
Forgotten Hope 2

These 3 are the most similar to TW?

Call of duty
1, 2, World at War
Medal of Honor
Allied Assault and all it's extensions
Medal of Honor
Airborne ( i don't know if MP isn't dead now..)
Day of Defeat Source.

Interested in single player?
Brothers in Arms series - excelent, Hell's Highway multiplayer might be not dead.
Enemy Front (MP dead).

Simon

- Red Orchestra 2
- Project Reality WW2 (Not out yet)
- Resistance and Liberation (Free source game)

FlyingR

FPS
- As mostly have said PRWII, but still not out.
- I still can't believe nobody mentioned WWII Online (WWIIO)! Although having shitty graphics (which I don't care about) it is one of the best and realistic WWII games ever.
- Battlefield 1942 - FH1 and Forgotten Honor mods
- COD WWII series
- MOH WWII series

RTS
- Company of Heroes (any of the series), best RTS game out there
- Battlestations: Pacific is and RTS but also a FPS at the same time so it's very cool!

IL2- Sturmovik, the most realistic airplane simulator

volcol

FPS
- As mostly have said PRWII, but still not out.
- I still can't believe nobody mentioned WWII Online (WWIIO)! Although having shitty graphics (which I don't care about) it is one of the best and realistic WWII games ever.
- Battlefield 1942 - FH1 and Forgotten Honor mods
- COD WWII series
- MOH WWII series

RTS
- Company of Heroes (any of the series), best RTS game out there
- Battlestations: Pacific is and RTS but also a FPS at the same time so it's very cool!

IL2- Sturmovik, the most realistic airplane simulator

I worked for wwiionline for many years :D - the graphics are a limitation of the engine, which is ancient - seriously, I think it's held together with string and tape.

I've played wwiiol for 9 years, was a player for 4 years before getting on board as an art intern.

There's nothing like it, during some of the peak times , the battles were huge - a total war of attrition with brigades being placed by a player led high command structure. 300 inf/tanks vs 300 inf/tanks... alongside aircraft, anti tank/anti air guns etc - when a big battle gets going there's nothing comparable to it

I worked for wwiionline for many years :D - the graphics are a limitation of the engine, which is ancient - seriously, I think it's held together with string and tape.

I've played wwiiol for 9 years, was a player for 4 years before getting on board as an art intern.

There's nothing like it, during some of the peak times , the battles were huge - a total war of attrition with brigades being placed by a player led high command structure. 300 inf/tanks vs 300 inf/tanks... alongside aircraft, anti tank/anti air guns etc - when a big battle gets going there's nothing comparable to it

Was a Day 1 player and later joined a massive Axis squad. WWII OL was an AMAZING game to play considering the amount of players in air working in conjunction with land based units. Like Ive mentioned in previous posts, EWS and the "Brigade" pretty much killed it for us. Element of suprise was gone.

It, for the time of internet gaming was the BOMB.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
RO2 & FH2, definitely the most popular (and pretty realistic). RO:Ostfront is dead (apart from some occasional clan games), and R&L too...

FlyingR

Nice man! That's awesome! I wish people would still play it today, but a lot of them care about graphics and ****, they are noobs. I don't care about the graphics at all as long as the game is good, and WWIIO is a damn good game. I flew many missions in the game, although not as realistic as IL-2, it did its job and was amazing flying with like 15 other planes.

I doubt there will be a game like that ever, WWIIO must make a new marketing plan to get everybody to play it again!
[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], there's still a few people playing it! It's really great game. I think it can be found on Steam still.

Pvt_Larry

Pushing the envelope out from shooters just a hair, I'd suggest Men of War: Assault Squad 2. It's a favorite RTS of mine. There's also Company of Heroes, it's largely a matter of preference.

And then there's Iron Front, which is supposed to blend the two genres, but I'm not really familiar with it.

Sydd

ww2 games... urmmm my personal fav is battlestations pacific. Absolutely love that game, then the MoH series if you want that arcade ish fps. I like MoH tho' especially the music.

As for movies.. well, Saving Private Ryan and Tv mini series: Band Of Brothers <3 This is a must watch btw, sadly it wont last long enough to keep you.. entertained till tw comes out. (s) So I suggest Skyrim, if all else fails theres always.. skyrim. (/S)

Aniallator

RO2 is dying, though, more so now that TWI is focused on RS2. If you'll pardon the metaphor, TW will be the nail that seals the coffin.

Luffy

Hmm well surprisingly the FH1 community is still running by Pixel-fighter, so is bf42, Resisitance and Liberation, FH2 (anyone wanting to give me a link to get bf2 would be much appreciated.) FHSW, annnnndddd COD 1,2,3 and WaW and last but not least MoH.

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
i bought bf2 waaaay back when, just for fh2, and that still to this day is the only game i play... sadly not much of a N.A. community. But if you have weekends or daytime available to play you'll be just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.