• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Any other WW II games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCroissant

I honestly can't wait until we can say "let's go play Traction Wars!" and have even just one server full of people enjoying the game.

Simon

Try Forgotten Hope 2! :)

I love FH2, but I made a mistake when they released standalone PR and they said we can delete BF2. So I did then when I went to bed I realised I have FH2. Now I can't find my Skidrow thingie. I found BF2 WinRAR so I will try that.... Hope it works.

Roughbeak

Of course we want to make FH2 standalone, but certainly you don't want to get sued by EA.

We play the waiting game. :)

Fliper

I just played project reality and all i can say is ,it isn't that realistic how people talk and what name game have, those medic classes make game like that .

Simon

I just played project reality and all i can say is ,it isn't that realistic how people talk and what name game have, those medic classes make game like that .

It's an old game + they can't make it that realistic because its just a game.

I played a lot and it is probably most realistic FPS/Shooter out there.

Fliper

What are you talking about they only need just to remove medics .

Its basically retarded system that BF2 have bringing dead alive now instead of defibrillator its adrenaline shot .

FlyingR

What are you talking about they only need just to remove medics .

Its basically retarded system that BF2 have bringing dead alive now instead of defibrillator its adrenaline shot .

A part from WWIIO, it is one of the most realistic WWII games out there. Don't just focus on one or 2 things because in then there is no realistic game at all, not even TW (although it will be the most realistic in comparison to all WWII games). Generally, it can be claimed that it is realistic compared to the majority of the other games out there.

Maybe another realistic game would be ARMA WWII mod?

Aniallator

PR is an amazing game, and among the most realistic games out there. And that soundtrack! I'll actually open up PR just to lay back and enjoy the soundtrack :) I mean, I once fell asleep listening to it.

Fliper

Arma is more realistic

FH 2 is more realistic (no bullshit medics)

So to you is okay when someone blow up your brain in PR and then medic come to you and give you adrenaline shot ,heals you and you are like new .

FlyingR

Well man, FH2 has the part where it says who killed who, which is annoying. By the way, the soldier is not revived, he is wounded. BIG difference... if the soldier is dead then he has to respawn. Relax man, both games are good, you also have the warm up time of vehicles and such. There's no point in arguing, they both have good things as well as bad. For me PR is more realistic, and FH2 more arcade, so that's that.

Fliper

Then its impossible to kill someone in PR.

And i can still see who i killed in PR just by checking score .

Last edited:

FlyingR

Then its impossible to kill someone in PR.

And i can still see who i killed in PR just by checking score .

Have you played PR Online (Deployment - PvP)? If you poke your head for 1 second you will die. That's why it's very realistic, because you always have to take cover and check every corner for enemies before moving.

You cannot see who you killed in PR or who has killed you, you will just see points, it's not shown on the HUD like FH2, which once again is annoying since it doesn't allow you to see the upper left corner very well. Plus, the points don't appear until that person is dead (not wounded), which can take a while, thus hard to know.

Pvt_Larry

I have to be perfectly honest, I vastly prefer FH2 over PR2. The wounding mechanics in Proect Reality are very un-fun in my personal opinion, and it just feels a little bit 'clunky'. Forgotten Hope has always been a favorite of mine.

Sydd

Err, What's FH2? I know PR is project reality... Never heard of FH2, yeah some of you would like to kill me but in my defense I live in the middle of a desert in a gold plated castle, its obvious I'm ignorant..

Status
Not open for further replies.