• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Article: New Musical Style (April Fool 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
After much careful thought and countless discussions, we have decided it is for the best to revise the musical style of Traction Wars to something more appropriate. Sure, orchestral soundtracks are fantastic, but in the long term we feel that our new style will better reflect the tone of the game. [TWDEV] calgoblin has been hard at work completely overhauling our library, and I'm sure you'll all agree the result will help propel Traction Wars into the hearts of many.

[video=youtube;MestV_CkHUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MestV_CkHUk[/video]​

Interested in joining the team?

The team is currently looking to recruit in a number of different areas. If you have a game development related skill and you are interested in being part of our friendly and professional team then please head over to our recruitment page for further details of open positions and FAQs.

Alex

Re: New Musical Style

April First?
I recognize so many other game soundtracks :laugh:

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer

Rest assure, I will most most certainly mod/hack that song into being the main menu theme.
Also is this song 100% property of TW?
If yes could I please use it in my youbitubi videos :)

No ***** that, I just want a Battlefield soundrack remix!
It honestly is the best one I heard so far.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games

Rest assure, I will most most certainly mod/hack that song into being the main menu theme.
Also is this song 100% property of TW?
If yes could I please use it in my youbitubi videos :)

Rest assured, I will probably beat you to it xD

And yes, it is ours. And yes, I don't see why not! I may even be so kind as to offer a HQ download in the near future.

d3v

Rest assured, I will probably beat you to it xD

And yes, it is ours. And yes, I don't see why not! I may even be so kind as to offer a HQ download in the near future.

Please do not put this **** in to the game.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games

As a post-April fools game, who can name all tracks used in the music we released? There may be a cookie prize in it for you!

(They are all from games, apart from one, which was in a famous film.)

Wow that's quite good.
Not perfect but it is quite good.

It's always weird looking back at what you've made in the past, before you learnt all that important stuff. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.