• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Battlefield 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edad Tace

just found this

[video=youtube;QF0lYGLb_jM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF0lYGLb_jM&feature=feedu[/video]

according to the description it will be out fall 2011

now i just hope that we see a battlefield game rather than a cod copy

Last edited by a moderator:

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
I can't wait. And I hope with you :p And i think they will not make a cod copy

Quote from BF blog http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Modern Warfare. DICE is such a complete failure at being original, they never come up with something refreshing.

BF1942 came in the WW2 trend started by CoD.
BF:Vietnam was sort of original but also already done by games like VietCong, so still nothing new.
BF2 was a straight out copy of the BF1942 mod Desert Combat with a Chinese front included.

And now it's just modern combat, modern combat and some more modern combat.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Modern Warfare. DICE is such a complete failure at being original, they never come up with something refreshing.

Maybe the setting isn't original. That doesn't mean the game is bad. The idea of a big map with tanks, planes, cars, squads, commanders and other players is totally not CoD. Why always comparing shooters with CoD? CoD is good for the quick, easy game play. BF is just different. I think it's not fair to compare those two.

5 years ago everything was ww2. And Which setting isn't done before these times?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I'm going to reserve judgement about BF3 until more details are released. If it turns out to be upgraded BF2 and not a COD style remake then I'll be very happy :)

Edad Tace

I'm going to reserve judgement about BF3 until more details are released. If it turns out to be upgraded BF2 and not a COD style remake then I'll be very happy :)

my thought exactly xD - unfortunaly that just about all we've seen from dice laterly so i don't have to high expectations tbh :/

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Maybe the setting isn't original. That doesn't mean the game is bad. The idea of a big map with tanks, planes, cars, squads, commanders and other players is totally not CoD. Why always comparing shooters with CoD? CoD is good for the quick, easy game play. BF is just different. I think it's not fair to compare those two.

5 years ago everything was ww2. And Which setting isn't done before these times?

There are so many wars not done properly, how about doing it from another perspective then the US and major wars for people who know nothing about history? Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Chechen War, Korean War, Spanish Civil War, Second Boer War (running around as a guerilla, harassing British forces, sounds awesome). And you can even do much more with World War 2 if you want to: German invasions of 1939/1940, Soviet invasions (Poland, Finland), etc. etc.

So easy to be original but DICE just wants to play safe and once they saw CoD made some money on certain wars they did the same but on a different way, now Bad Company 2 has been quite a success so let's do it exactly the same but with bigger maps.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
my thought exactly xD - unfortunaly that just about all we've seen from dice laterly so i don't have to high expectations tbh :/

I agree to an extent but I still love BFBC2 for reasons other than just it supports EyeFinity :)

brrr

TW Developer
It does look like medal of honour, though with much better graphics. I really don't understand why they put out footage of a single player campaign before the multiplayer though. Every single player experience made by Dice has been lacklustre tbh. Still it looks visually better than I had expected :).

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
I always liked Bad Company because of its animations. And this looks even better. Never seen someone fall so realistically (0:17)

Njug, this is, I <3.

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
What engine was MoH? They look similar to me as well but all games in this genre look similar to my eyes.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
MoH was Unreal (Singleplayer) and FrostBite (Multiplayer) from my knowledge atleast, while DICE uses only the FrostBite.

Maniche

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.