• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

British Voice Reel WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScheifferB

As requested, here's a WIP I did of a British Firefight. All voices are acted by myself, including the terrible German pronunciation in the background. The ambiance of the firefight is very loud. Before anybody asks this was intentional due to the nature of war, the whole firefight is to represent the carnage. Heavy WIP, but it was requested so here's a sample for you all.

For now I've kept it unlisted as it's a WIP so it will not receive any views.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I wasn't aware they had such quality recordings from WWII...

I genuinely felt for these characters at the end, I demand closure to their lives! D:

Well done!

ScheifferB

Distinct lack of Yorkshire accents - but loving it none the less!

There are northern accents included, they're in the background.

"MG42 left side upper window" I believe. Half of my family are from Yorkshire, and I lived there for a while. How could I not include them :p

volcol

All I'm saying is - they should be a more important part of the piece! I jest - tbh I think getting a good variety of accents in there is key (even if it's not realistic) Southern England the midlands, Northern England the black country (Cornwall etc), wales, Scotland and Ireland should provide a lot of variety :D

Perhaps a few of the less desired ones like scouse too :D

ScheifferB

There's a mixture of south and northern in there, and a Geordie accent in the end of course, but I'll definitely take your advise and pop some other accents in there. Cornish though? haha... Scouse would be slightly humorous too.

brrr

TW Developer
This is just amazing! Cant wait to see the new updated version :). I didn't hear many welsh accents in there though :p.

ScheifferB

This is just amazing! Cant wait to see the new updated version :). I didn't hear many welsh accents in there though :p.

haha, well I was trying to keep the reel some what theatrical. By all means if anybody wants to listen to a reel that involves, swords and axes and everything else medieval I'll slap some Cornish, Welsh, Scouse and every other humorous accent in there :p

K. Steine

Is it odd that this sent chills up my spine? :p

Though I'm relatively sure that "Easy" And "Nan" Were used during WWII, not "Echo" and "Niner" By the British, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.