• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Newsletter #6: Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Well, we said that the 3,000 community member update would be the last of 2015 but we couldn't resist giving you all a little Christmas present...

Since we revealed Merville Battery we are sure that you have all been consumed by curiosity. What would the map look like in the winter? We have been wondering too - so we thought we would see what happens (without spending too much time).

Disclaimer: There will not be a snow variant of Merville or any snow at all in Chapter One: OVERLORD. The first chapter takes place in the summer!

Something which has been requested a few times over the past year is an official Traction Wars SoundCloud page. So to kick off the new profile we have added the previously released Christmas theme which was composed by our very own [TWDEV] Calgoblin.

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ftractionwars%2Fa-very-traction-wars-christmas-2015
So for the second time this year on behalf of everyone on the Traction Wars Team I would like to wish you all a "Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year".

Last edited:

Sydd

I almost thought that they were introducing the eastern front. But I don't care, a sound cloud account of tw? That's eargasm right there!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I almost thought that they were introducing the eastern front. But I don't care, a sound cloud account of tw? That's eargasm right there!

Lets release one Chapter before announcing the next eh? [emoji6]

Speaking of presents...
[MENTION=1]General Naga[/MENTION]: have you checked your e-mail?

Nice pictures, though. Pretty much the only snow I'll be seeing this Christmas.

FlyingR

Woah... You guys, really... Woah... Speechless.

Btw I got that when clicking in the soundcloud link

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Not sure what's causing that [MENTION=2433]FlyingR[/MENTION]. Try viewing the post in WebView until we fix it. Clearly Tapatalk doesn't like Soundcloud!

Aniallator

HOLY SH*T! Screw Star Wars Battlefront, that snow is amazing! Hell, it just looks so real! Hot damn, just waiting for Bastogne xD Yet another gorgeous soundtrack [MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION], thanks for bringing the spirit to Traction Wars :) Merry Christmas guys, have a good one!

mmiedzianyy

"There will not be a snow variant of Merville or any snow at all in Chapter One: OVERLORD. The first chapter takes place in the summer!"

But now they look better! :(

Just kidding, thanks for all your patience and commitment Team!
Merry Christmass to all!

FlyingR

Not sure what's causing that @FlyingR. Try viewing the post in WebView until we fix it. Clearly Tapatalk doesn't like Soundcloud!

It's ok, I figured it out. It's not Tapatalk that doesn't like Soundcloud, it's the PRC that clearly doesn't like it! I need a VPN to basically access Western sites...

Very beautiful @calgoblin ! Well done mate!

Don't forget to add the other tracks to SC!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Thanks guys, wrote it back in 2013 and has been in both years Christmas updates since, thought it was time it should be properly finished! I'll take requests for what to put on the Soundcloud in the new year ;)

I expect to see [MENTION=2747]Guillaume[/MENTION] screenshots on Christmas cards next year!

Sydd

Oh so you guys do have the eastern front planned.. Sweet!

Its 20:00 on the 24th of December at the moment in Bangkok and I'm tired so I may as well say this right now,
merry Christmas you guys! And thanks a lot devs, for this eye candy, the amazing music.. I hope you all have as amazing a holiday as I.
Hope santa dumps cookies on all of us this Christmas..

Status
Not open for further replies.