• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Questions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Yes! As part of the Überbear DLC limited time offer with rainbow weapon skins, plus Magical Unicorn Close Air Support if you preorder before 2019!

Sounds if game mechanics/ play is a little bit like SQUAD, which isnt a bad thing :p

Salute Devs, keep on keeping on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S!

Aniallator

I don't know if this is said but when would we learn about the German classes ?
just curious

Well, I can tell you that generally speaking, German roles will be similar to British ones; LMG gunner, medic, rifleman, et cetera. Though when TW brings in more unique weaponry *cough* FG 42 *cough* I imagine we'll get the roles to suit them.

And keep en eye on the site @Cannonmannor, there's an update coming in a day or two :)

MaGlas

In general the soldiers were supposed to keep the magazines to reload when out of combat. It would be far too time consuming and difficult to reload them in combat, of course. It was also not at all common to reload a magazine without expending all the shots- do that and you soon just end up with a bunch of magazines each with only a few rounds each- kinda pointless. It was simply more efficient to only reload when all ammo was expended.

Also, there is a game play reason for this- we DO want to avoid the COD thing of firing 2-3 shots, reloading, firing a few more shots, etc, so that the player always has a nearly full magazine. That is gamey and stupid, and not at all based in realism.

And we will mostly likely include ammo chests or such to refill ammo at, a la FH2, however, also probably much more commonly than FH2. It will take time though, and will mean that you should really only do it when you REALLY need ammo.

Hello VonMudra:

Just a little idea from me for your reloading/throwing away mags problem:
How about you guys make it like this:

- When simply pressing r the player will reload the rifle fast and throw away the still available ammo in the chamber.
- When holding r the player will place the mag back into his pocket. This half empty mag will then be used, when all other mags are empty. But this will be more time-consuming to do.

With this system players can decide themselfes in which situations they have the time to save every single bullet and in which they wont.

The only thing you guys would need are two different animations for reloading.
(Sorry for bad english)

Last edited:

drummer93

Hello VonMudra:

- When simply pressing r the player will reload the rifle fast and throw away the still available ammo in the chamber.
- When holding r the player will place the mag bag into his pocket. This half empty mag will then be used, when all other mags are empty. But this will be more time-consuming to do.

With this system players can decide themselfes in which situations they have the time to save every single bullet and in which they wont.

(Sorry for bad english)

There is a problem with this idea. After placing used mags in your pockets, how do you know if you are loading a full magazine or a half/almost empty magazine?. Maybe you load one with 5 bullets in a critical situation, and you don't want that.

MaGlas

There is a problem with this idea. After placing used mags in your pockets, how do you know if you are loading a full magazine or a half/almost empty magazine?. Maybe you load one with 5 bullets in a critical situation, and you don't want that.
The used/half empty mags, will automaticly be selected, when the player has no more full mags left.
So there is no way, that the player will get an half empty mag when he still has full ones.
They are only as last resort, when there is no more else left.

How you like that?

drummer93

The used/half empty mags, will automaticly be selected, when the player has no more full mags left.
So there is no way, that the player will get an half empty mag when he still has full ones.
They are only as last resort, when there is no more else left.

How you like that?

But how do you know when you don't have more full mags? The HUD warn you?

MaGlas

If the traction war team is using an magazine symbol in ther HUD, then there could be something like this for used magazines:

It should be pretty mutch possible by an soldier to guess the weight, which mag is full and which half empty.
There shouldn´t be any exact counters how many rounds are left in an mag.

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend

Like all real men, it's simple... You count them!

Or, if you forgot how to count, simply press T (or whatever the button for "loadout check" will be to see an approximation of how many you have left). :p

Aniallator

Hello VonMudra:

- When holding r the player will place the mag back into his pocket. This half empty mag will then be used, when all other mags are empty. But this will be more time-consuming to do.

(Sorry for bad english)

Were TW to have a system where you can reload and drop the magazine or reload and keep it, I agree that pressing R for dropping magazines and holding R for keeping them is the best way to go. [MENTION=1152]drummer93[/MENTION] for that, I think just do what other games do (Insurgency, for example); used but not empty magazines are put in the end of the reload cycle, so you only reload them when you've used your full magazines. There doesn't need to be any way of telling if you're reloading a full magazine or a used one, I don't think.

drummer93

There doesn't need to be any way of telling if you're reloading a full magazine or a used one, I don't think.

Ok, but how do you know when the cycle finish? What shows the HUD in the magazines counter? I can't understand :|. I think that it could be confunsed and dangerous. I didn't play Insurgence, works fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.