• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Community Questions #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Ok, but how do you know when the cycle finish? What shows the HUD in the magazines counter? I can't understand :|. I think that it could be confunsed and dangerous. I didn't play Insurgence, works fine?

Here's an example, where "I" represents a full magazine, "i" represents a used but not empty magazine, and the next magazine you'll reload is in bold.

IIII

So you have four magazines in your magazine cycle. Let's say you squeeze off some rounds, then reload.

IIIi

You still have four magazines because you didn't empty your last magazine, but because it's been used it's put at the end of the cycle, so your next reload will be a full one. Now let's say you use all of your three full magazines.

i

So now, you'll reload your last magazine, the last magazine in the cycle, the used magazine. If you have more than one used magazine, it too is of course put at the end of the cycle.

There's no need to have any HUD indicators (Insurgency has none, and it works great). If you want, you can just keep in mind how many used magazines you have, so you know when you've used your full ones and begin reloading the used ones.

drummer93

@Aniallator I apreciate you explanation :), but I understand how the cycle works. My doubt was about HUD.
Ok so you said that the HUD doesn't need indicators? Ok, it's a possibility. But now, if you say that Insurgency have one, I think that this is the best option, because is more clear and is realistic. Why realistic? Well, because when you decide to save a magazine, you put it again in the same mag holder. It is customary to use mags from right to left , according to the position of your holders (if you are right handed). So according to this, in real life, you know that you have a mag, because is in your pocket, and you know that is not a full mag, beacause of the use cycle. So, ingame you can't see your mag holders, and because of that I think that an indicator is the way to go

Aniallator

@Aniallator I apreciate you explanation :), but I understand how the cycle works. My doubt was about HUD.
Ok so you said that the HUD doesn't need indicators? Ok, it's a possibility. But now, if you say that Insurgency have one, I think that this is the best option, because is more clear and is realistic. Why realistic? Well, because when you decide to save a magazine, you put it again in the same mag holder. It is customary to use mags from right to left , according to the position of your holders (if you are right handed). So according to this, in real life, you know that you have a mag, because is in your pocket, and you know that is not a full mag, beacause of the use cycle. So, ingame you can't see your mag holders, and because of that I think that an indicator is the way to go

Ah, sorry! Now, if I interpreted that right, you're saying Insurgency has indicators? Because it doesn't, as a matter of fact it doesn't have any kind of ammunition/magazine indicators whatsoever. Also, in-game, you can see your magazine pouches if you want to by using freelook (I'm ninety-nine percent sure TW will have this).

drummer93

Ah, sorry! Now, if I interpreted that right, you're saying Insurgency has indicators? Because it doesn't, as a matter of fact it doesn't have any kind of ammunition/magazine indicators whatsoever. Also, in-game, you can see your magazine pouches if you want to by using freelook (I'm ninety-nine percent sure TW will have this).

I thought you said that Insurgency have indicators. But, freelook? WOW that could be amazing!!!!!!

FlyingR

Well this leads to the next question, will TW support TrackIR? I mean, I saw one of the devs have an Oculus Rift??

Status
Not open for further replies.