• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Death Screams and Animations

Would you like to see this in the game?

• No, It is too violent.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

I think there will be,for the people that cant go with a mic. Also, wasnt it that hand signals (using your hands to communicate in silence with your nearby squad) will be implemented?

No, hand signals are a suggestion, though I'd love to have them.

Oh,and for me adding screams to the game would be and will be great,but dont make that everytime someone dies he screams for more than 5 seconds. One problem would be a mortar shot that kills more many men at the same time. Imagine a soldier next to where they died or got wounded hearing like 6 voices at the same time. Weird

And of course,I dont think that if you get hit right in the head and instantly die you have time for screaming for more than 2 seconds. A light "Ughhh" or a little breath would be great for those cases. For the wounded,yea,long screams would be the best.

I generally agree, and I'm sure death throws will be well implemented.

But still I think medic man should be included, for healing etc?

I hope we'll have medics as well, and I imagine (whether in Chapter One or not) they'll make an appearance eventually.

Aniallator

No, you won't recover health in TW. Rather, suffering a wound will trigger bleeding. Unless the bleeding is stopped (whether partially by applying a personal bandage, or fully by a medic), you'll die of blood loss. Thus, applying a bandage won't get you more health, it'll simply stop you bleeding. Realism :)

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Personally I'd like to see any sort of HP system be seamless and more focus around damage area. Sometimes a single well positioned hit to the chest would instantly kill you, sometimes it would be fatal but would take you few seconds to die (say lungs?) and sometimes you might miss any vital organs and allow player to continue fighting for a while before slowly bleeding out.

I'd like to see that "random" element in the game where you can't count on every hit in a basic hit model (like entire torso) to do same thing every time.

Aniallator

I disagree, I don't think it's necessary for bullets to hit, say, your lungs and not kill you immediately. While IRL many wounds won't kill you (not instantaneously, anyway), they'll render you combat useless and put you in rehab for a few years. In a games, it's thus practically more realistic to die instantaneously of such wounds. A 7.92 to the chest is going to kill you eventually. Of course, smaller rounds (.45, 9 mm) shouldn't one-hit kill; two-hit kill is more fitting.

Last edited:

Zainab

Our health bar should be human body, when we got hit by gun it shows us the damage point say like bullet hit our thighs so in health bar as human body its shows us the thighs been red as its bleeding..Like the idea?

Aniallator

Like in RO2? Well...

1. It means more HUD clutter.
2. It doesn't benefit anything. If you're hit, you're hit.
3. It's just not necessary.

I don't think we need it ;)

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Well I was just saying to add it as frame or gui though...for you know designing etc..

Yea, It can be tricky to communicate effectively where the player has been shot without any GUI elements. We try to use in-game elements as much as possible to give the player the awareness we think he needs.

i would just like to clear up some confusion about what some people are saying about the human body and the damage it can take. there are videos on youtube beyond imagination. you know catching a bullet to the head hasn't changed since then. there are videos on youtube that show people getting hit right in the head. and then gurgling and twitching for another 2 minutes. its nothing the 5 second deaths people here talk about. in close quarter situations like rooms or large factory grounds, inside city's. yes the likely hood of a head shot killing you instantly is high. as evidence on youtube suggest however. even modern weapons have difficulty to make clean kills at longer ranges. as for the more serious injuries, ive seen videos of people with only half a face. and they were still talking about what happened too! also one of a guy that has basically the lower part of his body blown off and his guts are kinda spilled on the road. he then continues to praise his fellow fighters and take a last sip of water. before he dies. war is gruesome to unimaginable extents. i think a video game that portrays it 100% to reality will have a low chance of being released anywhere. that being said tough, some gore is definitely needed since many games lack such a thing. i love the idea of the screams and cry's. and dismemberment or partial dismemberment from explosions would be cool too. someone here also mentioned medics being able to resque heavily wouded team mates. i would love this! and i think a way to implement this would be to let the medic save someone with for instance his legs blown off. and then the player that got his legs blown off gets to re spawn but your team wouldn't lose a ticket for that "death" since the medic saved him.

Killen

i would just like to clear up some confusion about what some people are saying about the human body and the damage it can take. there are videos on youtube beyond imagination. you know catching a bullet to the head hasn't changed since then. there are videos on youtube that show people getting hit right in the head. and then gurgling and twitching for another 2 minutes. its nothing the 5 second deaths people here talk about. in close quarter situations like rooms or large factory grounds, inside city's. yes the likely hood of a head shot killing you instantly is high. as evidence on youtube suggest however. even modern weapons have difficulty to make clean kills at longer ranges. as for the more serious injuries, ive seen videos of people with only half a face. and they were still talking about what happened too! also one of a guy that has basically the lower part of his body blown off and his guts are kinda spilled on the road. he then continues to praise his fellow fighters and take a last sip of water. before he dies. war is gruesome to unimaginable extents. i think a video game that portrays it 100% to reality will have a low chance of being released anywhere. that being said tough, some gore is definitely needed since many games lack such a thing. i love the idea of the screams and cry's. and dismemberment or partial dismemberment from explosions would be cool too. someone here also mentioned medics being able to resque heavily wouded team mates. i would love this! and i think a way to implement this would be to let the medic save someone with for instance his legs blown off. and then the player that got his legs blown off gets to re spawn but your team wouldn't lose a ticket for that "death" since the medic saved him.

I saw that video too! That thing was terribile. The insurgent may have been under influence of *****, how the hell is possible to stay conscious!

VonMudra

Very possible to remain conscious- the human body is capable of survival (if only for short periods) after pretty terrible trauma. If nothing necessary to live is damaged/destroyed right off the bat, death will come from shock and blood loss, and could take awhile. That said, you're not getting back up and shooting away after that- the few cases of heroic soldiers who did fight on after terrible wounds are just that- a few cases of heroic soldiers. We want you to experience life in game as the average soldier, not the Victoria Cross/Medal of Honour/Knights Cross winner.

The game must be realistic if it is to be immersive, and that's a stated objective of the TW developers. Note that Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan, both by Spielberg, were given awards for their realism not criticised for being too realistic.
For graphic realism, BiA EIB has limbs blown off in the right situation. This makes the game better because it represents what is left after a player wins a battle -
http://www.tractionwars.com/general-discussion/2862-games-play-before-tws-7.html#post52728
As for sound, it is hard to get right and separate realism from drama. It is unrealistic to play music over the cries of a dying man, and poor voice acting is worse than no voice.

Aniallator

The game must be realistic if it is to be immersive, and that's a stated objective of the TW developers. Note that Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan, both by Spielberg, were given awards for their realism not criticised for being too realistic.
For graphic realism, BiA EIB has limbs blown off in the right situation. This makes the game better because it represents what is left after a player wins a battle -
http://www.tractionwars.com/general-discussion/2862-games-play-before-tws-7.html#post52728
As for sound, it is hard to get right and separate realism from drama. It is unrealistic to play music over the cries of a dying man, and poor voice acting is worse than no voice.

Yes, yes, and yes. My greatest worry for TW is that it's more "semi-realistic" than really realistic.

DerJoachim

Very possible to remain conscious- the human body is capable of survival (if only for short periods) after pretty terrible trauma. If nothing necessary to live is damaged/destroyed right off the bat, death will come from shock and blood loss, and could take awhile. That said, you're not getting back up and shooting away after that- the few cases of heroic soldiers who did fight on after terrible wounds are just that- a few cases of heroic soldiers. We want you to experience life in game as the average soldier, not the Victoria Cross/Medal of Honour/Knights Cross winner.

Im an heroic soldier, heroic player etc etc, i will keep shooting the enemy until they call hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.