• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Favourite Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Tell me about it :p, I've had this bloody thing stuck in my head since the first teaser trailer last year!

This is my favourite theme from the film - from the warg chase and the bunny sled diversion scene ;) :
[video=youtube;_nO8hSOsKok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nO8hSOsKok[/video]

So many good tunes in my head from the Hobbit right now but for me this one clinches it

[video=youtube_share;aYFWEMFpud8]http://youtu.be/aYFWEMFpud8[/video]

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Quite liked that MGS one. Having only really played MGS4 for an hour it's quite interesting to hear what music they put to all that sneaking round in cardboard boxes action :p

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I really liked the work Harry Gregson Williams did on MGS.

It was only a matter of time before I posted one of the tracks from this film. Score by David Newman

Somehow, i could not find this thread.
Took patience and searchs :)

That one soundtrack i love is already in urm, GSM (German Soldier Mod) for Men of War :AS
I personally like them all, here's the whole damn package :D
@2:33, Heart of Courage... sounds godly to my ears

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Big <3 for Heavy Rain, never played such an emotional game.

Also really like Heart of Courage, especially seeing as I've heard it so many times and never known what it was. Until now, so thanks for that :p

brrr

TW Developer
Been watching Utopia recently on Channel 4 and it is surprisingly good! None of the trailers, previews before its launch did the show any justice though.

Really strange eery but catchy soundtrack - bit of an acquired taste imo:
[video=youtube;_ZYVb8Q5i9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYVb8Q5i9w[/video]

deforges

If anyone has played hotline miami, it's a great game. It also has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a long time.

best soundtracks I've heard in a long time.
That-Beat-Got-Stuck-Into-My-****'in-Head-For-Months
I had to pause each 30mins because the lights in the background made my view bloomy!
I hate you for posting it back here :D

I'm sort of a Metal guy. i was surprised when i learned this epic music is italian:

Hope you like it 8)
Sincerely,
-Squirrel

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Nice selection Squirrel :) I must also say I love your new avatar - can't believe I've only just noticed it ;)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I loved watching this series, shame I never kept up. It's an Extra Credits episode on game music discussing whether music in games has gotten worse over the years:

[video=youtube;CKgHrz_Wv6o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgHrz_Wv6o[/video]

I remember first watching it for the about the time I was writing the menu tune, I like to think at least the bit about strong melodies came through :p aha

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games

"TAKE ME INTO YOUR HEART, ACCEPT ME AS YOUR SAVOIR, NAIL ME TO THE F***** CROSS AND LET ME BE REBORN&#65279;"

Or how I would say it;

"TAKE ME TO THE COOKIELAND, ACCEPT THE MASTER COOKIE AS YOUR SAVIOIR, NEIL ME TO A COOKIE-CROSS AND LET ME STAY THERE".

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You can't have a good game without good music and Far Cry 3 is an exceptionally good game ;)

I know this has been posted before but in light of the new trailer for Season 3 I thought I'd post it again...

I also recently discovered the origin of this track. There's also a orchestrated version called "Requiem for a Tower" written for Lord of the Rings: The Two Tower but never used although apparently it appeared in the video game.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I'm going to listen to this next time I go to Tesco.

I love the Call of Duty 3 soundtrack. This is probably my favourite game theme actually, especially when the main theme bursts in at 1:27

Status
Not open for further replies.