• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Games to play (free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

America's Army: Proving Grounds. Very fun 6v6 and 12v12 tactical multiplayer.
DCS: World. A good flight sim, though without DLCs there's only two planes.
Heroes and Generals. Well... it has a WW2 setting, and it's fun if you abandon your moral judgement.
Project Reality. The ultimate tactical realism FPS, and an amazing game! Plus, there are dozens of maps and factions. Stop reading, download it!
Project Reality: World War II. PR in a WW2 setting... duh.
Rise of Flight United. An awesome WW1 flight simulator. Only two planes without DLCs as well, but it's exceptionally detailed and has loads to offer!
Warface. CoD-ish, but good nonetheless... and it uses CRYENGINE! If you can run this well, you can run TW well.

Swaffy

Definitely War Thunder man. A very good balance between realism and fun gameplay. I've been playing mostly tanks but I've got a ton of flight hours in the game before tanks were released. Naval vehicles are being developed so they will be playable in the future.

I also have some fun screenshots to share.

^.^
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...867/03F30D931298152354CADDBACDD66741195D725C/

When I unlocked the T-95 Super Heavy
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...838/E9D7F5D8254DD2CE0C1BFBE1924B155C83CFA8B1/

And my absolute favorite screenie:
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...457/EED51DB77A408DE3646EA3C2000ACBFECFA50951/

Roughbeak

I found another one, "Snow". Perform incredible stunts on snowboard or skis and you can just roam some mountains if you want.

It's a Steam game, and actually, it's built on CryENGINE. I suggest you check it out!

William

ROUGH do you know any World war II realistic or any free realistic I wanted to get arma II cuz it went free but its not discountinued sadly

FlyingR

ROUGH do you know any World war II realistic or any free realistic I wanted to get arma II cuz it went free but its not discountinued sadly

Traction Wars when it comes out :D

Aniallator mentioned PR:WWII, there's also RnL and FH2.

Simon

It's still $12.99 on Steam?

He might get confused with Arma 2 Free (which was the game I played so much) but they shut down the servers in April 2013/14 not sure. (you can still find some but it's not the same as it used to be)

Hell1x

Well, I know one. It is free to play..it is 'ww2'...It is not fun-Heroes and Generals, but try it out before this game comes out, you might have some fun.
If you are willing to spend some cash, Red Orchestra2/Rising Storm (+heroes of the west) would probably be the most realistic, fun ww2 shooter out there, honestly it looks like a brother to TW (from available footage)

Aniallator

Well, I know one. It is free to play..it is 'ww2'...It is not fun-Heroes and Generals, but try it out before this game comes out, you might have some fun.
If you are willing to spend some cash, Red Orchestra2/Rising Storm (+heroes of the west) would probably be the most realistic, fun ww2 shooter out there, honestly it looks like a brother to TW (from available footage)

Welcome to the community, [MENTION=4133]Hell1x[/MENTION] :D

I recommend giving Forgotten Hope 2 a shot. It's a BF2 WW2 mod that features literally hundreds of vehicles and weapons, and everything from the UK to Italy to Finland. North Africa, the Eastern Front, several D-Day beaches, all kinds of theaters are depicted. If you don't mind a lack of content but are keen for teamwork-oriented gameplay try PR:WW2. PM if you need help downloading either of these, it can be a bit confusing :) Don't forget to stop by the TW Discord server!

Status
Not open for further replies.