• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Help me pick out a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I made an interesting discovery today on Windows 8. Strangely Intel and it would seem several other of the big names have decided only to support their newer products and dropped many of their "legacy" ranges.

For me this meant that whilst my laptop graphics card could happily support OpenGL 2.2 on Windows 7 on Windows 8 it only supported OpenGL 1.1. Which has been causing a few game compatibility issues. I've looked around a bit and it seems that many of the complaints gamers have about Windows 8 come down to this basic issue.

Bizarrely though for many people (including me) have found that forcing Win8 to use Win7 drivers solves the issues. Hopefully this means that new PCs should be safe from many of the compatibility issues reported.

For the rest of us on older machines you will need to download the latest Win7 drivers, modify the .ini to support Win8 before installing in unsigned driver mode.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Not to mention you could experience some problems playing your classic favorite games, as numerous people have already reported.

I swear to Win 7, haha, as it lets me play ReVolt and anything newer.

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.