• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Historical Realism Waffen SS?? censored or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheonix028

HI there.

Here is a video to get everyone motivated

Will Waffen SS skins and symbols be included in game? Since your basing your combat on operation overload Brit vs German it would be a wise decision to include this in your game as many Waffen SS divison participated in those battles around Caen eg 9th SS Hohenstaufen . 10th SSFrundsberg 12thSS Hitlerjugend . Also vice versa with unique Commonwealth units eg Canadians, french Canadians, Scottish black watch, Seaforth highlanders. The hist accuracy would go a long way for fussy gamers like myself and has no downside for the regular players.

Also please add in historical Accurate vehicles and weapons to the battle dont just put in cool tanks cause they look good. As you can see from the video above a bunch of vehicles to use. Panzer IV Ausf H SdKfz 234 Sherman firely 17 pounder Sherman m4 75mm mk vii Churchill etc

Sydd

Hm, I had no idea you could create a thread with your first post. Well anyways, welcome to the forums Phoenix!
Tw is going to be historically accurate so you need not worry about the guns and tanks and the type of weapons used during the theater. As for your big question, will SS be included in the game? I'd like that for historical accuracy, I really would.. However, [MENTION=109]Maniche[/MENTION] stated in a thread once that the cryengine they are using to develop this game is german and therefore bound by german rules, sure there are many of us who'd like it for historical accuracy but uh.. I dont think they will be making an appearance in the game. And I understand, I would want to play as an SS because they were the elite german troops and they had no regards for their life which made them fight without fear. But there will be people who'd want to play as an SS for a whole different reason and if they aren't included in the game we are fine with it. The devs haven't really said anything about it so I am not entirely sure if they will be in the game but I doubt it.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Being able to create a thread isn't actually restricted from New Members although based on the spam that snuck through this morning it wouldn't bad a bad idea!

You won't see SS emblems in TWs for the reason already mentioned but they obviously took part in some of the key moments of the war so most likely they will be de-badged for the sake of avoiding a legal issues.

drummer93

welcome [MENTION=3519]Pheonix028[/MENTION]!!!

As [MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION] said, TW will be an historically accurate game, with real and accurate battles, units and weapons. Just see the details of the maps they showed...

In other hand, the swastika and SS runes are prohibited in some countries, specially in Germany. But I think is simple enough remove that symbols from the uniforms.

Something like this is legally correct, and you can omit the words "SS" and "Hitlerjugend" in the unit description:

Sydd

That spam was scary. For a moment I thought someone had hacked into the site..
Welp so the SS can be included without their badges right? How do you plan on naming their divisions then? Damn this is such a big gray area I can't even come up with ideas where I am certain I am not breaking any rules, haha!

drummer93

Welp so the SS can be included without their badges right? How do you plan on naming their divisions then? Damn this is such a big gray area I can't even come up with ideas where I am certain I am not breaking any rules, haha!

As I said, for example the 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend" could be named "12th Panzer Division", or something like that

Sydd

Yeah that could work but urm, how were the wehrmacht armored forces named? I mean it needs to be unique enough so you can distinguish between different types of units, apparently this can be achieved by simply wiping off the ss tags off the troops and they'd still have their unique field gear, great! :D But how does one distinguish their units? For example I know the 7th panzer division Rommel commanded was called the 7th panzer division, what if for example, you had a 7th ss panzer division which was also an armored division that operated in the same theatre? :|

FlyingR

As I said, for example the 12th SS Panzer Division "Hitlerjugend" could be named "12th Panzer Division", or something like that

As simple as that.
[MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION], they shouldn't overcomplicate things. Like drummer suggested, just say the Number division. It shouldn't matter that much if there is some conflict with another Division or whatever.

drummer93

As simple as that.
@Sydd, they shouldn't overcomplicate things. Like drummer suggested, just say the Number division. It shouldn't matter that much if there is some conflict with another Division or whatever.

yes I think exactly the same. Is overcomplicate things. Maybe after the release we could make a mod to make the game a little more historically accurate :p

Sydd

yes I think exactly the same. Is overcomplicate things. Maybe after the release we could make a mod to make the game a little more historically accurate :p

Mods won't work in a multiplayer game :d If they did you'd have people with bright pink camos, I have no intention of seeing a pink tiger shooting rainbows at me, no thanks!

drummer93

Mods won't work in a multiplayer game :d If they did you'd have people with bright pink camos, I have no intention of seeing a pink tiger shooting rainbows at me, no thanks!

Mods don't work in that way. You have to download and install the mod to play with it. You won't see pink Tigers if you don't want it :p

FlyingR

Mods don't work in that way. You have to download and install the mod to play with it. You won't see pink Tigers if you don't want it :p

Not necessarily, from my understanding you can make modifications into the game without having to install it. You could modify many things in BF42 without downloading it and playing straight in the server, same with PR:Vietnam which is implemented directly into PR and its servers.

And if you make a mod with SS insignia and such, wouldn't that be forbidden as well since it's still using TW and CryEngine as a platform hence the laws still ensue?

drummer93

Not necessarily, from my understanding you can make modifications into the game without having to install it. You could modify many things in BF42 without downloading it and playing straight in the server, same with PR:Vietnam which is implemented directly into PR and its servers.

And if you make a mod with SS insignia and such, wouldn't that be forbidden as well since it's still using TW and CryEngine as a platform hence the laws still ensue?

you are talking about something different. This won't be official. And if we have some problems with the law will be your fault :p

Last edited:

Aniallator

That's an excellent point, that historically accurate Waffen-SS uniforms can be implemented, just without the actual SS insignia! Would be great to see.

And welcome to the community, [MENTION=3519]Pheonix028[/MENTION]! Just believe me when I say, you have nothing to worry about in terms of historical accuracy ;) The Waffen-SS was present in many areas of Normandy that TW hopes to cover, so it's safe to say they'll be represented. And FYI, the Panzer IV Ausf. H, Sherman Mk. V (M4A3), and Sherman Mk. V Firefly are already planned.

What exactly was the spam that occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.