• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

How many nation will be in this game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4rcher

Poor old French always get pumped when it comes to WWII games. So do the Poles when you think about it.

steffenbk1

Britain and Germany indeed the first factions to play it seems. But wonder when will get to view what they have in store for the German faction, as we have seen some British tanks and weapons already

Fliper

How about early war (1941-1942) Nazi germany vs Soviets union that would be something new i never see ww2 games to do that they only do late war.

Aniallator

How about early war (1941-1942) Nazi germany vs Soviets union that would be something new i never see ww2 games to do that they only do late war.
Well RO2 centers on the battle of Stalingrad, and that was joined in (granted, late) 1942. Anyway, in a few years perhaps, I'd love to see the battle of France portrayed in TW. I don't think I've ever seen it done in a game. Who could say no to duelling Panzer IIs in an R 35 and picking off Germans with an MAS-36 in Calais and Stonne?

Fliper

Well RO2 centers on the battle of Stalingrad, and that was joined in (granted, late) 1942. Anyway, in a few years perhaps, I'd love to see the battle of France portrayed in TW. I don't think I've ever seen it done in a game. Who could say no to duelling Panzer IIs in an R 35 and picking off Germans with an MAS-36 in Calais and Stonne?
Better if they do partisans/rebels, those french weapon has been used by Germans after they defeat France so they will not miss you .And RO2 do bad job .

Last edited:

Aniallator

Better if they do partisans/rebels, those french weapon has been used by Germans after they defeat France so they will not miss you .And RO2 do bad job .
As far as we know, the only French weapons the Germans will use are the Lebel and the Ruby, and maybe (hopefully) a French tank later on. I hope you're not suggesting that because the Germans can use those two weapons in the Normandy maps, that French weapons will be boring. Anyway, having rebels would never work. What's wrong with a full-on French faction with French vehicles and weaponry for battle of France maps?

Fliper

As far as we know, the only French weapons the Germans will use are the Lebel and the Ruby, and maybe (hopefully) a French tank later on. I hope you're not suggesting that because the Germans can use those two weapons in the Normandy maps, that French weapons will be boring. Anyway, having rebels would never work. What's wrong with a full-on French faction with French vehicles and weaponry for battle of France maps?

"Partisans/rebels will never work" do you know what is guerrilla warfare? French style of warfare is boring and they will take to much dev time to put that nation in game .

Aniallator

"Partisans/rebels will never work" do you know what is guerrilla warfare? French style of warfare is boring and they will take to much dev time to put that nation in game .
Résistants were saboteurs. They severed telephone wires, not openly engaged the Germans. What guerrilla warfare occured was sporadic, and primarily instigated by French communists, who sought to draw more German troops to France to ease pressure on the USSR. Résistants weren't soldiers. They had no designated uniforms, vehicles, or weapons. They were plainclothes rebels that fought with mismatched weaponry, in small groups, in opportunistic situations. I really shouldn't have to tell you why having some sort of Résistance faction is wholly impossible and grossly unrealistic in every way.

Fliper

Résistants were saboteurs. They severed telephone wires, not openly engaged the Germans. What guerrilla warfare occured was sporadic, and primarily instigated by French communists, who sought to draw more German troops to France to ease pressure on the USSR. Résistants weren't soldiers. They had no designated uniforms, vehicles, or weapons. They were plainclothes rebels that fought with mismatched weaponry, in small groups, in opportunistic situations. I really shouldn't have to tell you why having some sort of Résistance faction is wholly impossible and grossly unrealistic in every way.

Ok fine but better is to do a Finland than France .

Aniallator

Not really. That means two new nations (Finland and the USSR) complete with new equipment, as well as new maps set in Finland. On the other hand, with 1940 France, the Brits and the Germans are already done (though may require changes for being in 1940 as opposed to 1944), and the Lebel and the Ruby are already done for the French. On top of that, the devs know how to make maps set in France. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Finns (I'm looking forward to playing as them in FH2), but they'd be a lot harder to implement, and I guarantee it'd take an extra few years.

Fliper

Not really. That means two new nations (Finland and the USSR) complete with new equipment, as well as new maps set in Finland. On the other hand, with 1940 France, the Brits and the Germans are already done (though may require changes for being in 1940 as opposed to 1944), and the Lebel and the Ruby are already done for the French. On top of that, the devs know how to make maps set in France. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Finns (I'm looking forward to playing as them in FH2), but they'd be a lot harder to implement, and I guarantee it'd take an extra few years.

I agree, but what dev say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.