• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

How the game is played

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a quick look around the forums and I couldnt find anything on the topic - forgive me if this has already been answered.

But how is the game going to be played is it various matches where one faction defends and the other attacks and the match ends when one team has captured all the points or defended for a certain amount of time

or is it an ongoing war which only ends when one faction has exhausted the others' supplies - like the enemy is out of infantry?

And what is the server capacity? How many players will be in one match, the maps look fairly large so I can only guess quite a lot can fit into one server.

Killen

Check for all the updates! The Maps are really big, like the one with pegasus bridge (it even has day-night cycle!!). Btw i forgot some of the important updates, so best if you check for yourself. I am Sorry!
Welcome in this community!
Benvenuto in questa community!
Wilcommen...you know :D

Sydd

(it even has day-night cycle!!).
No it doesn't.

Urm as far as the matches are concerned it will be similar to conquest mode from battlefield series capture and hold a series of objectives, faction with the more nuumber of objectives win. This is all we know as of now.

Killen

No it doesn't.

Urm as far as the matches are concerned it will be similar to conquest mode from battlefield series capture and hold a series of objectives, faction with the more nuumber of objectives win. This is all we know as of now.

Check out general naga's comment on the first page of pegasus bridge update. Maybe i misunderstood!

Killen

"Daylight makes it easier to see what we are doing in the editor" It is a night map.

Uups, Sorry my fault (again). I thought it was on night when brit capture the bridge and switch slowly to morning during combats. Sorry again ;)

Killen

They landed a little before midnight anyways so sunrise would be hours and hours away.

But you can't say that the switch between night and morning (in-game) is cool :)!. However, i approve the night time.
My only question is if i can see any enemies; because of that i don't like much night maps

Sydd

But you can't say that the switch between night and morning (in-game) is cool :)!. However, i approve the night time.
My only question is if i can see any enemies; because of that i don't like much night maps

They barely could IRL so you will have problems looking for them, Which is the way its meant to be played! Sydd totally approves!

FlyingR

I am also wondering what the size of the map would be. Maybe 4 x 4 kms is too large. As well I would be wondering is it 2-3 flags? Or just on which is the bridge?

Sydd

I am also wondering what the size of the map would be. Maybe 4 x 4 kms is too large. As well I would be wondering is it 2-3 flags? Or just on which is the bridge?
Naga clearly mentioned that the bridge is a strategic objective and will be important to the entire map presence. But it is mentioned that there will be a conquest mode similar to that of battlefield series. 3 flags I think will be just right for the first update cause no tanks or vehicles that we know of. So I am assuming it will be a modest sized map. Going by that idea here's what I think:

Bridge is a strategic objective. Lets assume Pegasus bridge is objective B. Brits land close to objective A and Germans are relatively close to objective C. They cap and secure C while some move to B as soon as they can. Since the Bridge is the only way to cross to get to either of the objectives, it can be considered that B is actually a strategic point and if either of the teams manage to hold Point B, they win due to having 2 objectives in their hands.

When it comes to practicality I am damn good, I can almost be certain this is what will happen, once tanks and vehicles are introduced it is safe to assume that there will be 5 objectives on each map.

So from what we can guess a large map with several points scattered throughout and the Germans main point being through the bridge where the Brits must fight through to get to C and vise versa for the German side.

Which ever faction can control the bridge is put at a great advantage - throw in vehicles that may or may not be added in time and this looks to be a great map for various assault teams and task forces to undergo various operations - sounds brilliant!

Although I'm still curious about the amount of players can be on the server - would be a bit underwhelming with only 20 players each side.

Sydd

We're aiming of course for high numbers. But for testing we start a bit lower and then built up to the right amount :)

Hanni, if its not too much to ask.. can you give us an estimate of how many players you will be expecting in a single game? 40? 64?

Status
Not open for further replies.