• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

How the game is played

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Once again it would depend on the server, size of map, and the map itself... If there are 100 players in Pegasus Bridge in a 1x1km map, it will be a cluster****...

One question I have is that will there be different types of games? Like there's is Conquest which is the standard mode, but maybe Hold and Defend (could be for x-amount of time), or Seek and Destroy could be also done probably?

Sydd

Whaaaaaat

Well basically my mumble wouldn't work at all. Restart it reboot the game nothing worked. So I was basically playing blind and I had to follow flying who was struggling to tell me something and I just couldnt understand cause I couldnt hear him. Apart from the technical issues the game itself is quite good.

Killen

Well basically my mumble wouldn't work at all. Restart it reboot the game nothing worked. So I was basically playing blind and I had to follow flying who was struggling to tell me something and I just couldnt understand cause I couldnt hear him. Apart from the technical issues the game itself is quite good.

Did tou tried PR standalone or another one?

Hah ah! Do you mean 100 on each side or 50 on each side?

Mr. FlyingR I believe this is wishful thinking! But something like 64 each side would be great - I'm used to games that have something mere like 18 on each side so something with a large amount of players on a large map would be just what im looking for!

Sydd

I'm pretty sure 100 means 50 on each side. Anything more than 30 on each side initially will mean overkill after vehicles are introduced, the more the merrier.

Aniallator

Keep in mind, guys, how vehicles will be implemented. It doesn't mean Pegasus Bridge will be raped by two dozen Cromwells and Panthers, and a score of APCs. It means the Brits won't get sh*t, and the Germans'll get a few KS 750s or maybe R 75s, and a couple Sdkfz 250s and Panzer IVs.

FlyingR

Hah ah! Do you mean 100 on each side or 50 on each side?

Mr. FlyingR I believe this is wishful thinking! But something like 64 each side would be great - I'm used to games that have something mere like 18 on each side so something with a large amount of players on a large map would be just what im looking for!

I meant 50/64 on each side. PR has multiple serves with 100 players everyday for many hours straight. This community has 2500+ players... and when the game comes out it will increase a lot more... we have numbers on our side. We should seize the opportunity to get more people on servers... 128 has been done in FH2 and it can be easily done here.

I've said it many times already... the numbers of players should depend on the server map and size of the map...

Edit: Exactly what Ani said...

VonMudra

As previously said, we're starting lower in testing and working our way up. Personally though, I'd like to see us work up to 128 player servers.

FlyingR

As previously said, we're starting lower in testing and working our way up. Personally though, I'd like to see us work up to 128 player servers.

I know this is looking forward in a far far far future, and you guys want to focus on the now, but what about this idea:

If the number of players increases and gets consistent, would it be possible to have like a small MMO map that consists of having all the maps in one Chapter put together? It would be sort of WWIIO but only for Chapter 1 maps. There could be multiple battles raging on at the same time. There would be day and night and many modifications to make it smooth and sort of realistic. I understand this would be hard, take a long time to make and quite expensive (server wise)... but it would be really interesting and cool.

Thats exactly what im looking for as well, players can do a lot with 64 players on each side - many different squads flanking around the bridge and guarding the bridge - sounds brilliant!

mmiedzianyy

I know this is looking forward in a far far far future, and you guys want to focus on the now, but what about this idea:

If the number of players increases and gets consistent, would it be possible to have like a small MMO map that consists of having all the maps in one Chapter put together? It would be sort of WWIIO but only for Chapter 1 maps. There could be multiple battles raging on at the same time. There would be day and night and many modifications to make it smooth and sort of realistic. I understand this would be hard, take a long time to make and quite expensive (server wise)... but it would be really interesting and cool.

I was actually dreaming about this yesterday :D

Aniallator

Flanking? Unless I'm mistaken the only way across the Caen canal will be over Bénouville bridge, which will make for some intense gameplay!

Sydd

Flanking? Unless I'm mistaken the only way across the Caen canal will be over Bénouville bridge, which will make for some intense gameplay!

Unless they realize they can swim.. yes the pegasus bridge is the only way to cross the bridge and that will be a bottleneck thereby a strategic point on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.