• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

if 2500 community menbers reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

siben

What i would like to see grow is that number indicating active members. for the past year its been hoovering between 175 and 150, and its not moving in the good direction.

Who cares for your total members when most of them haven't checked the site in months/years.

litchu

What i would like to see grow is that number indicating active members. for the past year its been hoovering between 175 and 150, and its not moving in the good direction.

Who cares for your total members when most of them haven't checked the site in months/years.

Good point, maybe they should send out newsletters on big updates? Or just a monthly newsletter and just tell us what the team is doing even when there are no updates. Hopefully such things can keep people comming back to the forums..

Last edited:

FlyingR

[MENTION=1855]siben[/MENTION] , I noticed that too... You are completely right! There are only like 2-3 sections of the forums that are usually active too and most of the posts are old.

Good point, maybe they should send out newsletters on big updates? Or just a monthly newsletter and just tell us what the team is doing even when there are no updates. Hopefully such things can keep people comming back to the forums too..

Exactly, send massive emails to everybody stating the updates or news. Try to involve the community more, a good way is to open TS, so everybody could meet (I know it costs money, but we can manage somehow), also invite the community to play games together, help out in some way, apart from suggesting things. Just throwing my 2 cents...

Sydd

You know, earlier I was purely speculating based on small hints that Mudra, Hani and the others were giving us and you could just about say that there's a gameplay video coming up, but the more devs that show up and comment, the more certain I get.

What updates can be underway that would be worth showing off that much? This happened just before update 1 of pegasus bridge and now for the final. Yep, gameplay.. can't wait devs!

Aniallator

Well I imagine there'll be a Pegasus Bridge trailer in a coming update (like the Merville Battery trailer), so maybe not gameplay... but who knows! I damn well hope so ;) I've been dying to see even a glimpse of TW gameplay for so, so long... hell, the only gameplay we have is the Cromwell teaser, meaning we have zero gameplay of Chapter One.

When we were playing PR with hanni the other day, Flying was like "What do you guys normally play?", and hanni was like "Traction Wars." That just about killed me!

FlyingR

Hahaha I can imagine the team running around and killing each other while playing TW, having the best time of their lives! And we are here waiting!!!!! Or even worse... Imagine if the game is already done, and they are just making us wait just for shits and giggles!

When we were playing PR with hanni the other day, Flying was like "What do you guys normally play?", and hanni was like "Traction Wars." That just about killed me!

Yeah I don't know why but I did not expect that at all! This comes to realize how much time are they actually putting into it!

BTW, we are almost 2500!!!! :O

Sydd

We just hit the 2.5k mark! Damn I remember I was somewhere around 2.2k member mark, did we seriously get 300 members in just over a month? wtf?

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Or even worse... Imagine if the game is already done, and they are just making us wait just for shits and giggles!

They're on to us, quickly, brace yourself TW-Dev team!

No, seriously, things do take time - we love the input though but Rome was (unfortunately) don't built in one day, we want a polished game.

FlyingR

They're on to us, quickly, brace yourself TW-Dev team!

No, seriously, things do take time - we love the input though but Rome was (unfortunately) don't built in one day, we want a polished game.

Hahaha I know mate, I was just kidding :)
By the way, is the pre-Alpha/Alpha going to comprise of all the maps simultaneously or you're going to be releasing one map at a time?

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
By the way, is the pre-Alpha/Alpha going to comprise of all the maps simultaneously or you're going to be releasing one map at a time?

Would get quite boring to play the same map again and again in the hunt for bugs I reckon, but time will tell - we'll try and have as any polished maps as possible because that's some of the fun of Alpha; finding all the neat little bugs one could exploit (yes, talking to you [MENTION=2158]SpaceCroissant[/MENTION], [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION], [MENTION=1069]roflwaflz[/MENTION], [MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION]) and make sure none can exploit them

Sydd

I really hope the OP is not plotting something evil like making 500 accounts slowly over time to get the devs to reveal stuff about the game to us... Wait a minute... Why didn't I think of that first?

Status
Not open for further replies.