• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Maps/theaters you hope to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

What maps/theaters are you hoping to see in TW?

Me, I'm DYING to see the Belgian, Dutch, and French campaigns of 1940 in an FPS. As far as maps, Stonne is a must, as is Fort Eben-Emael. Ockenburg and/or Valkenburg would be neat, and as a more tank-centered map, Hannut would be amazing.

Last edited:

mmiedzianyy

I would like to see the beginnig of war, when Poland was invaded by Germany and after - Russia. I don't say it as a Pole, but a person that never saw the September's Campaign presented in game..

DerJoachim

Some beutiful Tunisian map, or El Alamein. (if they are even going to add some Afrika operations) i always found the Afrika Korps and the Desert Rats the most charismatic and romantic.

Aniallator

Some beutiful Tunisian map, or El Alamein. (if they are even going to add some Afrika operations) i always found the Afrika Korps and the Desert Rats the most charismatic and romantic.

I think an African theater would be comparatively easy to implement; you use many of the same uniforms, vehicles, and weapons as Normandy, and can just give them a light sand-worn texture. Maps would be comparatively easy as well, because a lot of the maps are composed of sand and some sporadic shrub. Would be cool to see at some point!

Feldmeijer

Me, I'm DYING to see the Belgian, Dutch, and French campaigns of 1940 in an FPS. As far as maps, Stonne is a must, as is Fort Eben-Emael. Ockenburg and/or Valkenburg would be neat, and as a more tank-centered map, Hannut would be amazing.

Defending my home town would be totally awesome indeed!

And then of course drive them straight back to Berlin like we did in real life

DerJoachim

Nobody will drive anybody back to Berlin as long i have an internet connection and Traction Wars in my hard disk.... ;) :p

FlyingR

I would love to see the Pacific theater. Landing crafts moving towards the beautiful crystal water beach... Would love to see how the devs would pull that one out with CryEngine. As well as Banzai charges with Katanas.

Esu21

I'd love to see Spanish Civil War in TW,mainly the siege of Madrid!

Ok,maybe that wasnt ww2,but some include it as a pre-campaign! Now seriusly,I'd love to see Eastern front (Stalingrad please) and even Berlin's battles (so that I can defend it and then attack from soviet side xD). Pacific would be also great Flying, but I think devs can make Brits able to charge with longswords and bows shouting "For the Queen!" ;)

Aniallator

Yeah, the Spanish Civil War is sadly one of those "forgotten wars"... it would be amazing to see in CRYENGINE!

If I had to choose something besides the western European campaigns of 1940, I'd go Italian campaign, no question. I would do almost anything to see an Italian faction in TW!

Dante009

I would love to see the Pacific theater. Landing crafts moving towards the beautiful crystal water beach... Would love to see how the devs would pull that one out with CryEngine. As well as Banzai charges with Katanas.
+1 to that one, I want to see it too!!

drummer93

I would like to see the Battle of Hürtgen Forest. The allies don't like to talk much about the "Green Hell"

litchu

You forgot Ypenburg in the list of airfields in The Netherlands that has seen fighting at the start of the war, which I quite littarly would live on if the airfield was still there :)

Aniallator

You forgot Ypenburg in the list of airfields in The Netherlands that has seen fighting at the start of the war, which I quite littarly would live on if the airfield was still there :)

I know of Ypenburg, it's just I've read that there was more action at Ockenburg and Valkenburg... any of them would be awesome :)

litchu

I know of Ypenburg, it's just I've read that there was more action at Ockenburg and Valkenburg... any of them would be awesome :)

From what I've read ( wikipedia ) 6000 man were supposed to land on Ypenburg, 1000 on Ockenburg and 3300 on Valkenburg. And I know for a fact that they was some fighting going on in Ypenburg aswell. The germans managed to capture the airfield but the Dutch started shooting it with artillery and recaptured it. Sounds like a good story to me? :D Not sure what the story is with the other 2 airfields but im sure they all make for a great map!

Metalbourne

I want it to start with Operation Goodwood then eventually lead into Wacht Am (Battle of the Bulge). I love doing Campaigns for those as I did for Darkest Hour and I like fighting in the snow (reminds me of Christmas). Operation Market Garden is good and all but not my favorite. Love North Africa too as others have suggested.

Aniallator

From what I've read ( wikipedia ) 6000 man were supposed to land on Ypenburg, 1000 on Ockenburg and 3300 on Valkenburg. And I know for a fact that they was some fighting going on in Ypenburg aswell. The germans managed to capture the airfield but the Dutch started shooting it with artillery and recaptured it. Sounds like a good story to me? :D Not sure what the story is with the other 2 airfields but im sure they all make for a great map!

As maps, they offer some amazing gameplay! I'll have to read up more on them.

@Metalbourne I agree, snow maps are amazing, it'd be great to have a few in TW at some stage.

B.Kavanagh

I, and I'm guessing like many. Are hoping to see theaters on the Eastern Front. But not just Ruski V German, something interesting, such as Polish Partisans V A Ukrainian SS Division or something.

Partly because it's new and interesting, and partly because I'd love to see these guys make a Mosin.

If we were to do the Russian Front in this lifetime, I'd rather see lesser known places, such as the Stanichka assault near Novorossiysk or the Crimea.

Status
Not open for further replies.