• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Military Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer

First playtest of our application at Military Rehabilitation Center in Doorn (netherlands). Here you see an infantry training officer who lost control of half his body. After playing he stept of with a big smile.

We just finished to project and presented it to a major and his commanding officer. More picture coming :)

Last edited:

litchu

I first of all am ofcourse glad that people actually care about veterans, but alsoo on how they do it. I really love the project you ( and your team ) made hanni :) goodjob!

sHaKeNbAkE

I was cleaning out some boxes in my basement and came across a pic of me and squad. I served with the 3/75 Ranger Bn. from 85-89 in Ft. Benning GA. The picture scenario- My squad and I (I was their Sgt.) were in Panama for a month of jungle training. We were on an escape and evasion exercise and we got lost (very easy in jungle) and so we eventually found this creek & followed it to a inlet. This pic was taken after many hours of trudging through the jungle and me and the boys were pretty worn out....but those bastards chasing us never caught us!!! Cheers!

P.S.- I'm on the far right with radio on back.

bb_zps28640977.jpg

Roughbeak

British troops with L85A2s and a FN MAG on the ground.

Pleznt

media has indoctrinated war, guns and fighting into our minds and all these war movies and games are desensitizing us and I feel it is preparing us for war.
stay steadfast

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
media has indoctrinated war, guns and fighting into our minds and all these war movies and games are desensitizing us and I feel it is preparing us for war.
stay steadfast

hmmm, do you know something we don't :laugh:

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
stay steadfast

If anything, the media has brought the harsh reality and pointlessness of war closer to all of us. They are not idealizing it. If they are you are following the wrong media. The censorship was much stronger in the old days. Now you have even mainstream documentaries telling you the story of a common soldier, and the difficulties he faces when returning to normal life.

Of course people like to talk about the events in the past in a more romantic manner, seeing as those had altered the course of history, and if they didn't happen who knows how the world of today would have looked like. Also, everyone today enjoys the fruits of the technological breakthroughs that were achieved during those events or as a consequence of them. It's interesting to learn more about how they were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.