• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Missing Wikipedia Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead_man

Hello,

First: awsome project!

Second: you are using many popular sites to spread the word, but what about a wikipedia article? I dare to say that your audience also includes "older" age groups which still use "less fashionable" sites.

Third: In case u create a wikipedia article, do u know if wikipedia allows a different author to translate it to other languages? Is it sufficient if the original author allows this?

Many thanks for this game and good luck!

Aniallator

Welcome to TW [MENTION=3203]dead_man[/MENTION], and good idea! Personally, I edit Wiki pages now and again, and though I've never made one, I'm sure I can look up how to. When and if I have time, I may get to a page on TW :)

litchu

I once added Traction Wars to an Wiki articale about WW2 games.. :D

But yeah when I googled for ww2 games that article ( with the games ) came up first so I'm guessing more people read it and that it'd be usefull creating an article about TW on Wiki

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
I once added Traction Wars to an Wiki articale about WW2 games.. :D

But yeah when I googled for ww2 games that article ( with the games ) came up first so I'm guessing more people read it and that it'd be usefull creating an article about TW on Wiki
So it was you :) very nice

Aniallator

So I submitted an article, but the Wiki admins opted out of posting it, saying that Traction Wars wasn't "significant enough"... even though I had modeled the article after existing articles of similar topics for this exact reason. Oh well, you'll just have to wait till 2017 ;) They'll see just how "significant" TW will be then.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It was a nice idea but we don't really need to be on Wikipedia. Some day we'll be significant enough for them to eat their words ;)

Must admit I'm a bit surprised they have a threshold for what information is significant enough as the whole site is full of niche articles but it's the Wiki community's decision how they police their own site.

Status
Not open for further replies.