• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swaffy

I looked for an introduction thread and didn't find one, so I made a thread. I hope that's okay.

Hi, I'm Swaffy. I found this place while searching for a Lee Enfield 3D model to use for my BF1942 mod. Well, I saw the No4 model here and was completely blown away. Yes, I had to pull up the big image to see all the beautiful details put into it. xD And so I wandered all over this site to see all the other amazing stuff you all have been working on and I'm drawn to this project.

To someone like me, this would be a perfect game to play. It'd be a free game, which is good for me who is a poor college kid, and would be online too. The only other online game I can play is Battlefield. But I have this awkward attachment to WWII games, and Battlefield has only one WWII game, 1942. This mod/game looks gorgeous so far, and I am eager to see what's next in its development proccess.

Of course, games take time to develop and I'm fine with hanging around. I'd help out if I had the ability/skill but I've only done very minor modding to BF 1942 which has a very basic engine compared to these modern engines.

Quick question: I see that you're building this on CryEngine3 (I see the logo at the top of the page) so does this mean I need Crysis 3 to play this game/mod? Or can this be a standalone game?

~ Swaff

Sir Apple

Welcome to the community Swaffy :)

Traction Wars is standalone, so you will not need crysis 3 or anything to play it :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community :)

BF1942 is where it all started for me so I have fond memories of Refractor 1/2 :) It may be basic compared to CRYENGINE but the principles are pretty much the same even if the tools are quite restricting from memory.

What 3d software do you use with Refractor these days out of interest? I seem to remember it was GMax and Max5/6 back in the day.

Sir Apple

I used to love modding on refractor engines, especially refractor 1. I feel those days really bench marked a peak in modding creativity, sorta like a golden age or such.

Good times...

Sorry Naga but you made me reminisce :p

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
That is one major advantage with a new engine - it supports the latest versions of software such as 3DS Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.