• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #26: Bren Mk.II Weapon Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swaffy

Beautiful
Beautiful
Beautiful
I'm an animations nerd and this makes me twitch.

Yes, sometimes I'll shoot a bullet or two just to watch the reload and listen to the sounds. Brilliant minds behind this game, creating a game without a mindset for greed/money and they look like they love what they do. I can see it in the work, I'd be walking around in the game enjoying every bit of the development that went into it.

I like this "slow for a reason, for quality" kind of mindset. And rushing the game would just be flat-out stressfull and unhealthy for the dev team. Now I can see the quality of work, the attention to details and realism. Like this Bren LMG, you understand that this is a heavy weapon and any soldier would get tired lugging this thing around for days, so you make the player "feel" that through the animations. This isn't Battlefield 3 where a player can sprint around with an M-60E3 and hop around while reloading it at the same time. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

I have some more updates to catch up on, peace.

chad509

I'm an animation nerd also and always have been since i started animating as a kid using mario paint for the snes. Thanks for the kind words glad you like the animation, its the one im most self conscious about and not my favorite of my works but its nice to see comments like yours. :D

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Hey guys sorry for reviving this, but will we be able to change the barrel of the Bren. I haven't seen a game yet that allowed this?

VonMudra

We do want to include barrel changes for weapons that could do quick barrel changes, but we're unsure if that'll make it into the first release of the game due to the intensive coding and animations that would be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.