• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #28: Faire La Guerre

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The past few weeks have been exceptionally busy time for the team so we must first apologise for the interruption in our series of weapon previews. They will return in the near future but in the meantime we firstly would like to share a new atmospheric in-game concept featuring a British infantry section by [TWDEV] volcol.

The piece "Faire La Guerre" has been previously featured as the backing track to our weapon update videos but we thought we would share the full version for your enjoyment following the positive response it received. The piece was composed by [TWDEV] Callum Bidgen and arranged by [TWDEV] Callum Bidgen & [TWDEV] SwadianFC.

[video=youtube_share;BcaQkt0fh7Q]http://youtu.be/BcaQkt0fh7Q [/video]

We get a lot of questions about the game from the community. We enjoy responding to these but two of the more common questions we thought we would share for clarification.

Q: WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM SPECS?

A: There is extensive testing and optimisation yet to be done but tentatively the minimum specs are as follows:

• Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0 GHz or better (a multi-core processor is strongly recommended)
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
  • Video Card: nVidia 8800GT 512MB RAM, ATI 3850HD 512MB RAM or better (SM 3.0 minimum)

Q: WILL I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE GAME?

A: Traction Wars is PLAY FOR FREE. We have no plans to charge for the game or to have any form of in-game store.

Full list of FAQs

For the very latest media and updates follow us on the social networks below, as well as our community forum and our new expanded media gallery.

HOLY *Insert Censor sound here* SCHNITZEL! Uhmm... Do you guys think you can make a 1280x1024 wallpaper version of it? I need to see that all day long!
[Gotta remplace my D-Day + Bowser + Charizard Photoshop one]
As i say here in Quebec: Tabarnak de belle job les gars!

-Squirrel

Swaffy

I'm only 21, but I sound old sometimes when I say ... that music moved me. I love it. Ever heard the Band of Brothers soundtrack? Holy God it's moving. Or the Saving Private Ryan soundtrack. This seems up there with those.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I'm only 21, but I sound old sometimes when I say ... that music moved me. I love it. Ever heard the Band of Brothers soundtrack?

Thank you very much. :D This one was very much influenced by Band of Brothers, but then there's some Saving Private Ryan on our inspiration list as well; so I suppose that broad bold style will be everywhere in the Traction Wars soundtrack.

Troy

Nice soundtrack, but what im really loving is the 3rd ID troops on the picture at the top :)

• Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0 GHz or better (a multi-core processor is strongly recommended)
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
  • Video Card: nVidia 8800GT 512MB RAM, ATI 3850HD 512MB RAM or better (SM 3.0 minimum)
Pleasant to know you have 15GB Ram and an I7 Quad Core.

Pascucci

My new PC should handle it well, which is really good to know. Also, the soundtrack seems to be coming along great!

Blindfire

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT with the same amount of RAM I believe. Dont think there would be that big of a difference right?

My specs are as followed:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
2.00 GB of RAM

Im guessing they cover the minimum?

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Yep, should cover the minimum specs.

That being said, CE3 on minimum is still looking awesome!

Maniche

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Maniche, how many maps are you planning to make for the release? Any relative details would be nice as well :)

We're currently looking at levels consisting of thousands upon thousands of objects, mapped down to as realistic as possible, which obviously takes some time. That being said, I believe one could anticipate a good number of maps, which all would be varied, interesting and fun!

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.