• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #38: Sten Weapon Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

volcol

I have an elderly neighbor who fought in Normandy '44, he used a Sten and when I questioned him about how it should have been held, what Mudra said turns out to be the case. I quote (from an 89yr old British vet) "That thing burnt like a b*stard if you held it as they told you, most of the time we fired it any which way we could"

Let it be known I pushed for the Sten to be held in the 'correct' manner but evidence would pretty much confirm it could be fired either way. As for jamming - yes, they were unreliable buggers and as per accuracy - they did what they had to do.

Hope this helps clear a few grey areas, we've not gone "gung ho!" and decided to depict the Sten in this manner, we've put a lot of thought and effort into researching it and this method would seem to be a) reliable and historic and b) iconic. It's perhaps one of the few things Hollywood got right (given a pinch of salt)

Roughbeak

I love the iconic magazine hold like that, but is it possible placing your hand closer to the magazine well?

The current state it looks like the soldier might rip a few shots and it will fall out of his hands. :)

If I'm not correct, if you place your hand farther away from the mag well, the magazine will bend a bit and jam. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.