• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #48: Water You Looking At!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thens

I rather suspect (as with the Lafette MG34/ Lafayette MG42 mount) the vickers will be a static weapon, something we could spawn in a map at random defensive positions ... that way ... that one road on the map won't be camped all the time (also ... that way, it wont be quite so easy as dropping a mortar round in the same spot)

Yep, I guess this would be the optimal solution. RO2 has proven that static HMG positions (with no random positioning whatsoever) are more or less useless and should rather be implemented differently.

volcol

tbh the idea is partially based on the RO2 one - only problem is ... on RO2 the MG was in one of two places. Suppose we could explore an option (as the map starts) that may see the commander for that side can chose a position as to where the MG can be deployed.

VonMudra

Honestly, the best way to run it is to have a few static and one or two spawnables so players and choose to place it. In terms of gameplay, no animation is really needed, and you def will be treating it as a 'one player = the whole gun team' just like any other crew served weapons ingame.

Pvt_Larry

Honestly, the best way to run it is to have a few static and one or two spawnables so players and choose to place it. In terms of gameplay, no animation is really needed, and you def will be treating it as a 'one player = the whole gun team' just like any other crew served weapons ingame.

I agree, static weapons always bother me to some degree because they are mobile (not as mobile as other weapons of course, but certainly mobile) and they're often easily bypassed or avoided. I liked FH's spawnable MGs; but of course they got misused. A hybrid system is probably best.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Finnaly.

Raul

Ohh, this is gonna be so awesome! Getting your hands on that beauty and shooting at a wooden fence trying to get the Jerries behind it, ohh!

Status
Not open for further replies.