• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #51: Operation Deadstick (Part 2/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Not realistic wont be implemented, it was made quite clear in many FAQ's and suggestions threads. As for the gameplay itself there's always a way to implement it without breaking realism. Why would you even want one on the other side of the road anyways? Is this some why did the paratrooper cross the road joke I fail to understand?

One of the possible reasons I can think of is to make the attackers more spread out on a wider spawn area in case the deffenders make a hard push back.

Optionally there can be just a little "regroup" area on the other side of the road in case **** hits the fan, like a location where the team would regroup and deffend the position in case they got pushed back by deffenders as opposed to initially spawning there with gliders.

Simon

shahram

I am worried about view distance in this game. I hope cry engine can do something like UE 4 can and developers care about this thing. ( you can see UE 4 view distance in squad game ) I hope we can see long range firefights in this game.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
It's a part of optimizing the game with clever things like occluders, use of proper LODs and Sprite distance, whilst trying to maintain a realistic approach and feel to it.

I believe we'll find a suitable and visually pleasing crossing, [MENTION=2828]shahram[/MENTION]!

Aniallator

I've been wondering, is the night sky realistic? Are the stars we see real stars? We can technically navigate by them if we want to? I love how in Arma 3, I can look up and see Orion's Belt ;)

Raul

My rather optimistic side tells me "This is the first of many" and even my pessimistic side which rarely sees the sun goes like "This is only the end of the beginning" :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.