• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #51: Operation Deadstick (Part 2/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiedzianyy

I recommend this to you only because it's funny. We should stay on topic though. Great great great update devs! These maps look amazing. I cant wait until ill be wondering if that movement on the other side of the road is a german or a cow. Night maps!

JanMz

Imo gliders need to be placed further from the bridge. I don't believe they'd land this close to the objective and all bunched up. The landing site should be at least 100/200m back in the fields in a more open area imo. The soldiers would gather back there and stealthily approach the bridge. Was the bridge unguarded at the time of landing ?

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Imo gliders need to be placed further from the bridge. I don't believe they'd land this close to the objective and all bunched up. The landing site should be at least 100/200m back in the fields in a more open area imo. The soldiers would gather back there and stealthily approach the bridge. Was the bridge unguarded at the time of landing ?

Yes, the gliders landed perfect. Pretty amazing achievement in the dark. In this picture you can see how close they where:

They bridge was guarded by a couple of Germans. Correct me if I'm wrong but the guards heard the crashing sounds of the gliders and thought it were aircraft parts falling out of the sky. That was pretty common.

Last edited:

Killen

Yes, the gliders landed perfect. Pretty amazing achievement in the dark. In this picture you can see how close they where:

They bridge was guarded by a couple of Germans. Correct me if I'm wrong but the guards heard the crashing sounds of the gliders and thought it where aircraft parts falling out of the sky. That was pretty common.

Is it possible to make gliders land (with us inside) on two separates point? Maybe, one on the left of the road and another one on the other side (of the road)
I know it is not realistic, but ffs gameplay first :3

Sydd

Is it possible to make gliders land (with us inside) on two separates point? Maybe, one on the left of the road and another one on the other side (of the road)
I know it is not realistic, but ffs gameplay first :3

Not realistic wont be implemented, it was made quite clear in many FAQ's and suggestions threads. As for the gameplay itself there's always a way to implement it without breaking realism. Why would you even want one on the other side of the road anyways? Is this some why did the paratrooper cross the road joke I fail to understand?

Killen

Not realistic wont be implemented, it was made quite clear in many FAQ's and suggestions threads. As for the gameplay itself there's always a way to implement it without breaking realism. Why would you even want one on the other side of the road anyways? Is this some why did the paratrooper cross the road joke I fail to understand?

I dunno, just providing ideas :)

JanMz

They bridge was guarded by a couple of Germans. Correct me if I'm wrong but the guards heard the crashing sounds of the gliders and thought it were aircraft parts falling out of the sky. That was pretty common.

Wow, you've got a real photo of the event. Amazing. 8| I see you have many detailed photos of the event - you can really recreate the place very accurately. Looks great, good luck with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.