• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

News Update #55: Old Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Hey, any chance we can see some updated Lebel models soon? As much as I love to see classics like the K 98 and Lee-Enfield, I'm dying to see more forgotten weapons, namely the Lebel and the Ruby. Any chance of a Vz. 26 at some stage? I mean, I don't know how similar the 26 is to the Bren, but can you take the current Bren model and turn it into a Vz. 26? [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] Vz. 26s were used in Normandy, yes?

VonMudra

Yes, the MG26t was very common in Normandy, enough that I've seen it referred to as the 'forgotten machine gun of D-Day.' I would love to get it into game as some point, as well as regular czech rifles. The fun part of doing early Normandy battles is all the weird garrison stuff we get to do.

[MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION] What were the regular czech rifles of the time? I don't remember where I put my encyclopedia. Was the vz.33 among them?

VonMudra

The vz98/22 and vz24 would be the main ones the Germans used. The vz33 was barely produced by the Czechs, and those produced, along with modified German production (the Gew33/40t) went to the Gebirgsjager as a shorter mountain rifle, but even those aren't very common, with only ~150,000 produced total by both the Czechs and the Germans.

Status
Not open for further replies.