• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

It was indeed used in combat, however the most common usage was for armoured vehicles as a way to shoot at enemy infantry that is close in to the vehicle. It did, however, see combat use amoung infantry in street fighting situations. It was a specialized weapon, like a flamethrower, so the guy using it was never expected to be outflanked or such- think of it like a flamethrower guy.

Aniallator

A somewhat gruesome photo, look at your own discretion. A Stuka shot down over the eastern front.

Spoiler:

Aniallator

interesting picture @Aniallator!

It is! Makes you wonder about the circumstances of the crash. It kind of looks like a botched take off or landing attempt based on the low levels of damage on the fuselage, and that even the gull wings are intact. In any case, that poor fellow seems to be lacking most of his arms and legs.

VonMudra

Actually, it's Barbarossa. Biggest telling thing is the Balkenkreuz on the Hanomag- the ones used in Poland were all white.

Last edited:

VonMudra

Here's an actual Poland 1939 pic, where you can see the white balkenkruezen ID's on the tanks. Of course, they quickly realized those were like painting a giant bullseye on your tank, and so they were removed and later replaced with the black and white ones that are more famous.

In fact, here's a couple Pz1s that have already scratched off the crosses:

Feldmeijer

Here's an actual Poland 1939 pic, where you can see the white balkenkruezen ID's on the tanks. Of course, they quickly realized those were like painting a giant bullseye on your tank, and so they were removed and later replaced with the black and white ones that are more famous.

In fact, here's a couple Pz1s that have already scratched off the crosses:

I really like those pictures! :) Where do you get them all from? :)

FlyingR

I think mortars are slated for Overlord?

But man, how I look forward to the snow maps :D

I think mortars won't be in Chapter I. If I'm correct, someone mentioned it (Naga maybe). So yeah, MG42s will rule!

God, snow maps will look beautiful, hope foot prints will be realistic! :D

Aniallator

I think mortars won't be in Chapter I. If I'm correct, someone mentioned it (Naga maybe). So yeah, MG42s will rule!

God, snow maps will look beautiful, hope foot prints will be realistic! :D

Ah, you misinterpreted what I meant; I know light mortars used by a mortarman role won't be in Overlord, but I believe medium mortars called in by SLs will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.