• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

A USAF C-47 Air Transport Command plane over the pyramids of Giza, Egypt, 1943. What a shot... I think I just found my new desktop background.

FlyingR

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], I'm still mesmerized by the C-47 over the pyramids! It's really an unbelievable picture!

Aniallator

An awing photo. A still from a video, this was taken through the scope of a Russian sniper, seconds after he shot the German soldier seen there, falling onto the riverbank. Around 1941 or 1942.

Sydd

An awing photo. A still from a video, this was taken through the scope of a Russian sniper, seconds after he shot the German soldier seen there, falling onto the riverbank. Around 1941 or 1942.

.... I am trying to figure out how he managed to take that picture/video.

Aniallator

The cameraman filmed the sniper taking the shot; once he'd done so, the cameraman brought the camera lens up to the scope of the sniper's rifle or another rifle.

Sydd

The cameraman filmed the sniper taking the shot; once he'd done so, the cameraman brought the camera lens up to the scope of the sniper's rifle or another rifle.

Okay that makes sense... cause the way that picture is taken yeah? It looks like as if he had that camera between his scope and himself while he took the shot....

Status
Not open for further replies.