• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Picture of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killen

A damaged Avenger returns to its carrier, PTO.

Each of Grumman factory's plane was well known to sustain heavy damage :) from wildcat to hellcat :)

siben

They got a mix of things, mostly Chinese, North Korean and some Russian things that China got and then passed it to Vietnam.
They also had lots of french things like MAS-36 and 49. various revolvers.... i dont know really.

Aniallator

Ten cookies to the croissant in space! It was kind of a trick question, because it's actually an MP 43, but you can't tell from the photo... plus, MP 43s and StG 44s are basically the same thing anyway. The FSA has captured around 5000 of them from the SAA... logistically, they must be a real pain in the ass, because I can't imagine they have 7.92 Mauser in abundance!

Aniallator

Did they really made a lighter version of pak40? i think it misses the lateral shields!

Nah, I think the shield just looks smaller from this angle. Also see how the tires have somehow been removed, and everything's in disarray... is that a snow-covered corpse in the center there?

Killen

Nah, I think the shield just looks smaller from this angle. Also see how the tires have somehow been removed, and everything's in disarray... is that a snow-covered corpse in the center there?

Yea, i think that's indeed a dead body... imagine how scary was being behind a pak, under fire!

drummer93

@drummer93 wait, the Italians had guns in WW2?

haha yes, and they had some good guns. I like a lot the Carcano rifles. Casually this guy made a video about it a couple of month ago. It has an interesting system to expulse the used clip:

Another gun that I like too much is the Breda M30, not because is a good gun, but because the load system is exotic. Anyway, it had problems

The cannon you see in the first picture is the "Cannone da 47/32 M35". It had a good HE capacity, but it hasn't a good anti-tank performance when the war advanced

Aniallator

Yeah, Italian weaponry wasn't famed for its reliability, but in terms of performance it was actually pretty damn good. The Carcano, for example, is actually an excellent rifle.

Italians and the Italian campaign are second only to the battle of France for me in TW. I mean, imagine a TW Breda 30 :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.