• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Release date and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

Are you already thinking when release date will be ?

At how many % (Percent) is this game ? Like 30% done, 50% done, 80% done ?

I hope you can answer this :)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Progress isn't really translatable into a simple % complete. Suffice to say you can't just do a simple calculation of finished vs. to-do because that takes no account for how long something might take or even if something else has to be completed first etc...

As for a release date... "when it's done" is all we're saying. What I will add is there aren't any plans right now for a sudden surprise release although that might change (as always). My guess though is that you folks will have a pretty good idea of when the game is coming out before it happens.

Who knows... we might get really radical and set a date when we get nearer the time ;)

Aniallator

Progress isn't really translatable into a simple % complete. Suffice to say you can't just do a simple calculation of finished vs. to-do because that takes no account for how long something might take or even if something else has to be completed first etc...As for a release date... "when it's done" is all we're saying. What I will add is there aren't any plans right now for a sudden surprise release although that might change (as always). My guess though is that you folks will have a pretty good idea of when the game is coming out before it happens.Who knows... we might get really radical and set a date when we get nearer the time ;)
For the next update, could you just have a list of done/planned vehicles and weapons? Please, please, please? I really can't express how much we need that. Something like Forgotten Hope - Weapons, perhaps? No harm doing it, you'll only make us love the game even more :D We need a list!

biohazard

l hope, the game will be, released this, year (even if is not finished) It would, be nice to, have "at least only a map in the game" and later, when is finished, we will, have more, more things, in the game as we had, hoped all. ;)

Rewhymo

id be happy with weekly or monthly updates. even if its just mentioning certain balancing stuff or technical info

Aniallator

Well, here's what we have so far.

For weapons...
2" Mortar
A.P. Shrapnel Mine Mk. II
Bren Mk. II
Enfield No. 4 Mk. I
Karabiner 98k
Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk. III
M1886 Lebel
M1A1 Thompson
MG 34
MG 42
Mills Bomb
Mills Bomb Grenade
MP 40
No. 68 A.T. Grenade
No. 77 Grenade
P 08 Luger
P 38
Panzerfaust 30
PIAT
Ruby
Satchel Charge
Seitengewehr 84/98
SMi-35
Sten Mk. II
Stielhandgranate 43
Vickers
Webley Mk. IV

For equipment...
Kershaw Bino. Prism. No. 2 Mk. III
No. 1 Mk. III Cup Discharger
Wire Cutters

For vehicles...
Bedford QLD
Cromwell IV
Opel Blitz
Panzer II Ausf. L
Panzer IV Ausf. H

For stationary weapons...
Flak 38
Pak 40

I assume we'll have...
Gewehrgranate
Gewehrpanzergranate 30 or Große Gewehrpanzergranate 40
Granatwerfer 36
Schießbecher

I hope we'll have...
C 96
Gewehr 98
MG 26(t)

Anything I missed, anything anybody hopes to see? Care to add to the list, devs?

Last edited:

Mars

Pathfinder Games
We're all working hard on the game, but development takes time - especially when the team is only working on this with whatever spare time we have. When we feel we're ready to show gameplay which is representative of the experience we would like to achieve, you guys will be the first to know.

Aniallator

The tension is killing me. Literally, I feel like I'm internally imploding for lack of gameplay footage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.