• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Should my new PC build be able to run the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MausRatte

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 or 670
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB 4x4
Motherboard: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
PSU: Corsair TX750W
HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"Barracuda
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Case: CoolerMaster HAF X

I know the game isn't out yet, but maybe someone will know my general range of performance I should get with this build.

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Nice case! Should get a very solid performance out of that rig. If you can spare the extra moonies the 780 would be the better long term investment, possibly at the expense of 8GB of RAM which can always be upgraded later. (Exactly what I shall be doing.)

MausRatte

Nice case! Should get a very solid performance out of that rig. If you can spare the extra moonies the 780 would be the better long term investment, possibly at the expense of 8GB of RAM which can always be upgraded later. (Exactly what I shall be doing.)

My bad, didn't update the RAM that I'm getting. The one you had seen was from an old reddit post I made, I'll update with the RAM I'm getting currently.

Skr13

That PC is good enough to perform well in CryEngine 3 based games, or any other game engine at the moment(at least @1080p), don't worry mate ;)

litchu

Can confirm, I have a gtx 770 myself. However if all you are going to do is game an i7 is a waste of money. You could probally save +/- 80 dollar ( I think ) by going with an i5, and spend that to get a gtx 970.

* My story is based on dutch prices

steffenbk1

Now this is going to be hard to say, because as it is now. We don't really know quit how big the maps are and how many objects it will contain. There might be you will play better on open fields battles than city battles. But this isn't something we can totally say yet before you try the game for yourself with your rigg.

I know its difficult to say, but someone who has knowledge on this matter might want to post some recommended specs for averaging solid FPS ?

biohazard

hey guys try crysis 2 and (who would able to run that game) very good, trust me this game should be running, fine too then l dont have a beast spec, l got, a althon x2 245 4gb, ram HD 7750 1gb, and l remember, that crysis 2 was, working very fine on my pc l was, suprised all the time, l get in the, game 50fps, and "in some places 60" its amazing, cryengine 3 it is, a very nice, engine is very smooth, for any pc game now depends on how the game will be.

Last edited:

Killen

Hey guys, my CPU and GPU are i5 2400 and AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz edition; plus i have 8 gigs of RAM. Should TW run? Thanks to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.