• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Size Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Apple

COD was best when it was ww2. The old ones were awesome, these new kids these days think they are cod pros... They are just playing the same game over and over even though it's always "new". It's sad how crappy the series has become. It's all just a competitive frag fest, total fail.

Battlefield 3 crushed every COD made after COD3.

/end rant

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Don't know that. I liked COD4. Its was different and it worked. Cod:WAW was ok. After that COD got worse.

I must say the same on BF. BF2 and the BF's before 2 were awesome. Bad Company was different but that was the idea about the BC series. I liked them. When i get home i finaly can try out BF3. To see what has become of one of the best gameplay concepts.

Last edited:

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Too me, BF3 is a rip-off of Bad Company. Take it or leave it - it doesn't feel any different.

Maniche

Sir Apple

I don't see anything to similar, its very overhauled, and a much more smooth game. However it is an amazing game. And the goal of bf3 said by developers was to crush MW3. COD is a lot more the same then BF series. Cause really COD is the same exact things, just slighty upgraded, changed around, things added etc.

@Hanni - I dunno. COD4 was okay because your right, it was different. CODWAW was very weird to me and will always be weird in my eyes.

fastArms

to be honest COD & Battlefield series pretty much the same. When I played bf3 just feels like bc2, like they did minimal changes to engine basically the same thing with few features added and that's what the COD series been doing l8ly.
It feels more like that these guys are releasing MODS or expansion packs of there original games recycling most of the game just to save money as all these guys focus on is money and invest more in advertising/ branding market control and all that stuff.

Cant wait for the day COD devs or MOH devs make a classic WW2 shooter with good graphics, classic gameplay on a good engine with the sort of advertising they put on these new games.

Sir Apple

I still don't think its fair to say Battlefield rips off anything (to be fair, it can't rip off its own previous product ;) ). The idea isn't to make a complete total new game, they are a series. No matter what they will always feel somewhat similar. To me Bf3 is what the game industry needs, to break the COD craze. BC2 didn't feel right, Bf3 really does. COD and Bf3 are totally opposite games. The game types, style, aesthetics etc. are nothing alike. :)

In my opinion honestly just can't see COD ever making a real super original game anymore, unless they slow it down a bit and start taking things in a new direction. I know that is a drastic assumption but they don't seem to acknowledge that they keep releasing the exact same thing. MW3 really isn't being accepted to well from what I've seen lately. Much can be said about Bf3, but in a way that is part of commercialization. Its just a matter of how exactly a company approaches a series of games and how they differ, I personally think BF3 is a gem in comparison to what else is out there, and I'm sure others disagree :p But thats okay, because taste differs of course.

But it seems really no matter what people won't be happy. If a game is to similar to the previous ones then people complain, and if it is to different people complain. :p

Last edited:

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
yesj, you are right Apple. Like always.... you nib :)

But what COD could do is change engine. MW3 looks exactly like its predecessor. Cryengine? :p

brrr

TW Developer
yesj, you are right Apple. Like always.... you nib :)

But what COD could do is change engine. MW3 looks exactly like its predecessor. Cryengine? :p

As long as imbeciles keep flocking out to buy the Call of Duties they won't change the engine - they think gamers are content with the products they make - after all I think Infinity ward and Treyarch have lost interest in making the best possible games anymore, they just want to make money.

What people also forget is that cod4s engine wasn't new - it was just an slightly upgraded version of call of duty 2s engine. The developers are just lazy.

Sir Apple

Indeed.

And what gets me mad is they brag about how great it is. I'm not trying to knock treyarch and infinity ward. I just wish they would wake up.

Apple

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Battlefield has provided me with awesome gaming for years but what they pooped out the last few years has been one disappointment after another. BC2 was utter **** and so is BF3. It's CoD all over again, 1 was good, 2 was good and after 3 it went down hill.

Commercial-****.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You know what they say - if you can't join them. Beat them ;)

CoD BF>2 are all based around the same gametype as it's popular. High time for someone to come up with the next generation game type I feel :)

Pffft, i liked to read this thread just for the fun of seeing COD in 1 post then the whole thing gets to BFvsCOD discussions lol. From my side i believe BF3 is better :D I believe having giant maps with all sorts of combat terrains all over it (Town,Plains,Forests,Swamp) all in one !!!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I think I've probably already shown myself to be a wee bit biased in this but I would agree with you. It's more interesting and allows for interesting tactics than "shall I go left or right?" ;)

Proximity

Just read this thread through, i hate the latest cod its awful. I miss a true ww2 game, I really couldnt give a **** about prestiging or any of that stuff or even leveling up. I miss Mohaa that was my game Cod 1, 2 and uo were a nice follow on.

If im honest i drifted to xbox after that but i want to come back to pc... i miss clans and community not 12 year olds. So ive just built myself my new sexy pc and im going to get back into them.
As far as map sizes go i like idea of having npc's running around outside of player boundaries to get a larger sense of scale for war i remember this in older cods and it did work.

Im a rifle man myself even on cod i play with a single shot gun none of this quick scoping **** just good old iron sights boom your dead.

As far as battlefield goes i hate vehicles, in a i would never use one way, although i do acknowledge that they put a good twist on game play.

Im open to recommendations as far as games go, feel i should try out battlefield 3... Did any one else play mohaa?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Can't say I've played MOHAA but I can vouch for BF3. Plenty of good infantry only servers around if you want to avoid vehicles and whilst initially the millions of unlocks is a little daunting it doesn't take long to get a decent gun and a selection of attachments to fit your playing style. Not exactly realistic however ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.