• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Some light relief... |56k Warning|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

I actually saw this few days ago at a music store. :)

Roughbeak

I'm not sure if it belongs here, but it is a true story by me... :)

Date: Oct/19/13 - in Target shopping store in New Ulm, Min.

"I was browsing in the vacuum cleaners to see which one was the best to purchase, saw a one that was $100 dollars (I thought it was too cheap, but gave the benefit of the doubt).
I hauled it down from the shelf and noticed that the dust collector popped off, I snapped it back on again, and continued to look at it.
As I was lifting it back up again to it's original spot, the dust collector popped off again, I put it down again.
I left the dust collector on the floor and lifted the vacuum cleaner by the main handle, unfortunately it just lifted clean off (breaking a few pieces on the floor).

Now comes the real story... again I lifted the main handle, then just suddenly, everything simply exploded clean off.
xD Few main parts flew down the aisle by huge explosion. Wish I would have taped it on camera though.

Fortunately in the store no one really cared so I just left...

The one that exploded in store. :p

Ok, I would advise you stop buying these cheap/junky vacuum cleaners (or things alike) that will only last you 1-2 years, well mine lasted 3 minutes. :D

Sir Apple

One of the laziest relevant studios out there. But hey, it doesn't matter because no matter what **** they make they always make their $$$.

_Franky_

Yeah I think it is a little ridiculous to call it copy/paste. I am really not a fan of their yearly releases, but the internet's reaction to this is a little strange. IW definitely know how to make a game, they are pros at what they do and I would say this is a fully intended homage to the ending of MW2. As much as their game design is cookie cutter, something like this is not done out of laziness.

Sir Apple

The realization of laziness comes into play throughout the rest of the game, and for that matter the rest of the games in the CoD Franchise (well, minus the earlier games).When direct profit is easily foreseeable, companies like that take the easiest route to reach that end goal. Creativity and innovation are of far lesser importance to the company masters. Why bother with that when you can, quite literally, release games that do have yearly 'copy/paste' qualities. Which of course, for them ends in Millions of dollars in profit. Its easy, it works.

The games are honestly very poorly made, its laughable.

Last edited:

Roughbeak

That is why Traction Wars (I guess others) has to step up and bring these companies to their knees... :p

Last edited:

brrr

TW Developer
I've always wondered how Ferrero Rocher are made!
[video=youtube;Ky_KSi5vgp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky_KSi5vgp0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.