• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Someone good to make website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic727

ok Oblivion is too expensive ($50) and I have $0...
I tried something with Wordpress, but it's just look like a bad website design, because if you are free, you have no choice... Can't change color or layout...

I think I will wait next year when I will be in my class to make a really good one.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
You do have a bunch of free CMS ones though (but yeah, templates does cost), have you looked at any plug-ins for creating said layouts?

I've begun using Concrete5 because of the fluent layout and design-tools, and some of the already made templates are quite pricey, but there's a lot of free CMS out there and plug-ins that can help you create your website.

Joomla, Drupal, ModX, TYPO3, Wordpress, Concrete, SquareSpace, DNN etc.

Maniche

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
thx.

I add some stuff. Is it ok if I add a traction wars logo or link as partner?

We would be delighted if you linked to us and you are welcome to use our logo for that purpose. We aren't doing any "partnering" type arrangements at the moment though I'm afraid.

Nic727

We would be delighted if you linked to us and you are welcome to use our logo for that purpose. We aren't doing any "partnering" type arrangements at the moment though I'm afraid.
Hahaha. I know, i was not talking about a real partnership, but whatever.
I will have more time later to add some stuff and learn.
With my class at the end of the year, I hope I will be able to make a real true website of my own like real company. But maybe it will take about 5 years before that happen, but for now, I think I chose a good design.

Alex

Another option is to go with a website service that is free to use. I use Guild Hosting & Clan Websites: Make a Free Guild Clan Website and love their customer support/service and the interface is easy to use yet provides powerful tools and control over website. Here is the site I created using their tools however I am paying for extra features- Shake's Pub - Shake's Pub

I have been working on websites about 10 years with various companies and these guys have been the best hands down (ps- I don't work for them or get a kickback xD

Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion Shake!
I'm going to try it out for my new World War II group.
Let's hope for the best. xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.