• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Someone good to make website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic727

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who know how to make website with animations and other stuff like that.

First of all, I don't have domain and money to have real website, but I want to make one for fun first and after that, be able to publish it one time. I tried to start by myself, but without formation and some tutorial on youtube that show nothing about how to start, I was stuck. I tried with Adobe Dreamweaver, but it's hard to understand how it work and Adobe Muse doesn't allow real website...

Whatever, my project is about Medal of Honor. I'm a really great fan of this serie and I would like to make a fan website about this serie.

What will be on the website :
- Description of all MOH
- Completed Wikia with all singleplayers and multiplayers informations about each games.
- Media (videos, pictures and fans videos/pictures)
- Etc.

I'm currently designing my pages with paint, so when it will be finished I will show it to you.

thx

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Have a talk with [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION], he's a web-developer and 2D artist.

Maniche

Roughbeak

Speaking of web designing, is it possible to make the "Traction Wars" title on the front page move like in the videos.
I meant the 2 spinning gears move. :)

sHaKeNbAkE

Another option is to go with a website service that is free to use. I use Guild Hosting & Clan Websites: Make a Free Guild Clan Website and love their customer support/service and the interface is easy to use yet provides powerful tools and control over website. Here is the site I created using their tools however I am paying for extra features- Shake's Pub - Shake's Pub

I have been working on websites about 10 years with various companies and these guys have been the best hands down (ps- I don't work for them or get a kickback xD

Good luck!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
@Nic727 - my recommendation would be to find a good provider which has user-friendly tools and use that to create your own site. If you have a decent budget then you could bring in a web designer to do the job for you but at the end of the day you won't understand how it works and will be dependant on them to help maintain it. The first step is to identify the platform you want to use for example we use vBulletin to run our site (which I don't recommend incidentally).

Speaking of web designing, is it possible to make the "Traction Wars" title on the front page move like in the videos.
I meant the 2 spinning gears move. :)

In all seriousness it slowed down the page dramatically and was very distracting. One of those things which is great for a few days then you start trying to work out how to stop it.

Nic727

That's one screen. The link in the tables on the right side have to change, but that what it could look for the main page. For the copyright, I think something like that could be nice : https://www.shadowofmordor.com/ (bottom of the page)

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/51/1387598720-medal-of-honor-website-preview.png
I know that my picture is not the good size for a screen (it's about 75%)

The background is not definitive. Maybe users and visitor could change it from a small menu or it could change every months?

What do you think?

Attachments

• Medal of Honor website preview.jpg
    Medal of Honor website preview.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Personally I prefer grey. Transparency is a bit out of fashion to my eyes but I can hardly talk!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
thx, but is it possible to make something transparent with blur effect or we need to be a professional?

Simple answer is not easily. You could use a canvas I think but to be honest just good old fashioned Photoshop is probably the best way.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
Im Not sure what needs to be blurry. Havent read all the posts. But you can blur stuff with javascript. Dont know the name. But just google javascript blur and something should popup. :)

Nic727

Hello everyone.

I think the MOH should be a kind of white/grey theme. What do you think about that?

And I think I will make my website with Wordpress and link my forum to the website after or maybe make a forum with "vanilla forum".
Whatever, with wordpress I have three choice of design I found interesting.

Design 1
Design 2
Design 3

What's your favorite?

But if you don't know where is my forum I had. It's right here.

I think wordpress is a good idea for a clean website without a lot of stuff on screen.

-----
PS: That's one of the design I was working on, but I think it's too hard to make and I didn't have idea for the disposition for the other pages.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/05/1391202976-medal-of-honor-website-4-original.png
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/05/1391202975-medal-of-honor-website-4-explanation.png

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's not a bad idea to use an existing template which you can then re-style to suit your needs.

With sites increasingly going across to responsive designs it saves a huge amount of work to just use a template which someone has already done the hard work on to make it tablet/mobile friendly.

None of the 3 scream "Game Site" but I would vote #3 (SideKick)

Status
Not open for further replies.